It was important that buildings continue to be properly maintained to ensure that they can function as efficiently and effectively as possible in supporting the delivery of a wide range of services.
At the same time, the deterioration of buildings due to the lack of maintenance could lead to future financial burdens, pose legal and other industrial relations issues and affect the delivery of services.
Therefore, the maintenance of buildings is critical to the proper management of physical assets and the overall management of capital to achieve agency outputs and institutional outcomes.
Identifying building problems and understanding of building materials and its mechanical and electrical systems are aspects of the process of preserving and conserving building quality and to ensure the efficiencies of the facilities. At the same time, other main causes of building maintenance problems are:
Fungal stain and harmful growth, erosion of mortar joints, poor installation of air-conditioning systems, defects in plastered wall, crack walls and leaning walls, defective rainwater goods system, delayed floor board, insect and termites attack, roof defects, Participants will leave the programme understanding the common cause of building defects and learn to Develop a framework for the management of maintenance required to provide a consistent Approach to the planning, management and reporting of building maintenance.
- Understand what defects are and what maintenance is management.
- Understand the various problems associated with reinforced concrete structures.
- Understand the problems of building materials caused by moisture and water.
- Understand the various problems associated with defects from the roofing system, sanitary and plumbing system.
- Understand the mechanical and electrical systems associated with building facilities.
- Understand what is defects liability and product warranty Define the duties of defects management.
- Define the role and responsibility of maintenance supervisors Identify the common building defects problem.
- Develop the basic framework for defects and maintenance management Develop a system for reporting and monitoring of building services
Who Should attend?
Any manager and supervisor who are responsible for the maintenance of buildings and facilities and those who wish to develop a building maintenance framework.
- Defects and Maintenance Management
- Problems Associated With Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Problems of Building Materials Caused by Moisture And Water
- Problems Associated With Defects From the Roofing System
- Problems of Sanitary System and Plumbing System
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems Associated with Building Facilities
- Defects Liability and Product Warranty
- Duties of Defects Management and Roles &Responsibilities of Maintenance Supervisors
- Identify the Common Building Defects Problem
- Develop the Basic Framework for Defects and Maintenance Management
- Develop a System for Reporting and Monitoring of Building Services
- Safety Maintenance
- Water Drainage and Piping Management