This Five-day electrical drawing course is designed to prepare electrical personnel to troubleshoot from electrical drawings at commercial, industrial and institutional installations. Students will begin with one-linesand three-lines, and progress through schematics and relay/ladder logic diagrams. Students are encouraged to bring examples of their own facilities prints to use during practical exercises. Low, medium and high-voltage installations will be reviewed as requested by students.
- Electrical Drawing Seminar Course Objectives:
- Print Reading Basics
- Elementary Electrical Diagrams
- Electrical Schematics
- Field Exercise Using Prints and Local Facility
- Relay/Ladder Logic Diagrams
- Types of electrical engineering drawings and diagrams and their uses.
- Principles and techniques used in the provision of electrical engineering drawings.
- Symbols used in electrical engineering drawings.
- Electrical component identification from electrical engineering drawings.
- Cable and circuit identification from electrical engineering drawings.
- Interpretation of single phase electrical circuits from electrical engineering drawings.
- Interpretation of three phase circuits from electrical engineering drawings.
- Practical exercises in the interpretation of electrical drawings and circuit diagrams.
- Exercises in fault tracing from electrical circuit diagrams.
- Practical exercises in construction and completion of circuit diagrams and electrical engineering drawings