By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Enhance their accounting knowledge by learning how to account for income measurement and recognition.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting for assets, including long-term assets and intangibles.
- Account for current liabilities, contingencies, long-term liabilities and bonds.
- Account for equity stock transactions, including dividends and long-term liabilities.
- Apply accounting for operating and capital leases and how it will affect income statement and balance sheet.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rules of accounting changes and errors.
Accounting: The Language of Business
- The Environment of Financial Reporting
- The Balance Sheet and the Statement of Changes in Stockholders’ Equity
- The Income Statement and the Statement of Cash Flow
Cash and Receivables
- Accounting for Cash and Receivables
- Allowances, Bad Debts, and Life-Cycle of Accounts Receivable
- Accounting for Inventory, Costing, and Measurement
- Computation of Cost of Goods Sold Using Inventory Costing Methods
- Inventory Valuations
Property, Plant, Equipment and Intangibles
- Accounting for Purchased Assets
- Depreciation of Assets Using Different Depreciation Methods
- Maintenance and Repairs of Operating and Capital Assets
- Accounting for Retired, Sold, and Written-Off Assets
Current Liabilities and Contingencies
- Accounts Payable and Accruals
- Advances and Refundable Deposits
- Warranty Obligations and Contingencies
Investments Reporting and Classification
- Trading, Available-for-Sale and Held-to-Maturity Securities
- Accounting for Investments, Impairments and Disclosures
- Cost versus Equity Method
- Stock Subscriptions and Stock Splits
- Stock Options and Convertible Securities
- Treasury Stock Method and Dividends
Accounting for Leases
- Operating Lease
- Capital Lease
- Disclosure Requirements
Accounting Changes and Errors
- Restatements and Prior Period Adjustments
- Accounting for a Change in an Estimate, Principle and Reporting Entity
- Accounting for a Correction of an Error