Mastering Finance for Non-Financial Oil and Gas Personnel in London
BMC Training provides on Mastering Finance for Non-Financial Oil and Gas Personnel course [Finance , Accounting and Budgeting] on 22 Oct 2023 in London,UK.
This course is aimed at professionals from all areas of business who require a better understanding of how finance works. The course offers insights into the main factors that are essential to the successful financial management of Oil and Gas corporations. In an uncertain economic environment managers need to be aware of the power and importance of key stakeholders – shareholders, bankers, customers and suppliers. Managers need to efficiently allocate resources, whilst recognizing environmental and ethical concerns, controlling risks, and effectively communicating strategy and performance.
This course provides professionals from non-finance backgrounds with a fundamental grasp of the important principles of finance. This gives them the confidence to work alongside financial experts, make informed choices and fully participate in the management process.
This course will feature:
- The relevance & importance of accounting & finance to the success of your business.
- The unique features of Oil & Gas accounting that impact on reporting & decision making.
- Budgeting and costing techniques & how to apply them.
- The techniques available to determine the most profitable & worthwhile investments for your business.
- Effective ways to control the financial risks of your business.
- Understand and evaluate corporate financial reports.
- Determine sources of capital, and capital structure.
- Identify and appraise wealth-generating investments.
- Recognise, quantify, and control financial risk.
- Understand & apply accounting & financial techniques in an Oil & Gas corporation.
Finance and Accounting
- The different meanings of ‘Finance’
- Why Finance is important for your business
- Raising finance – you need a Business Plan
- Sources and types of finance
- The financial accounting system
- Recording oil and gas transactions
The key elements of Oil and Gas Reporting
- The major differences between US GAAP and IFRS reporting
- The treatment of exploration and evaluation costs – ‘successful efforts’ or ‘full cost’
- Recognition and valuation of oil and gas assets – tangible and intangible
- Revenue recognition – upstream, midstream and downstream
- Financial analysis techniques – common sizing and ratio analysis
- Analysis and interpretation of Oil and Gas company reports
Accounting as an Information System
- Management Accounting as an effective tool for communication
- Costing oil and gas operations and processes
- Cost-Volume-Profit and break-even analysis
- Oil and gas budgeting – objectives, methodologies and processes
- How to prepare budgets for oil and gas operations
- Analysing variances between budget and actual results
Cost of Capital and Investment Appraisal
- Why you need to know your Cost of Capital
- The cost of equity, cost of debt, and weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Identifying new investment opportunities for your oil and gas business
- Basic investment appraisal techniques – ARR and Payback
- Discounted investment appraisal techniques, NPV and IRR
- Capital rationing decisions using the profitability index and Excel solver
Financial Risk Management
- The main types of risk and principles for risk management
- New investment risk in oil and gas operations
- Financing risk
- Interest rate risk
- Foreign currency risk
- The corporate governance requirements for effective risk management
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Paddington. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of Mastering Finance for Non-Financial Oil and Gas Personnel outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours from 22 Oct 2023 To 26 Oct 2023 . The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.
- Code FBA115
- City London
- Location Paddington
- Start Date 22 Oct 2023
- End Date 26 Oct 2023
- Availability Confirmed
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Fees 4700 GBP
- Whatsapp 00447493377144