Training and development professionals involved in the process of training needs analysis, coordinating and organizing training programs, and evaluating the results of training.
- dentify the strategic significance of training through emphasis on aligning training with strategy, marketing training within the organization and partnering with managers and supervisors.
- List the strategic, tactical and administrative competencies of the training professional.
- Use appropriate methods to conduct a Training Needs Assessment (TNA).
- Examine ways to select internal trainers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and to hire external consultants.
- Demonstrate the success of training at all evaluation levels - from reaction to Return On Investment (ROI).
The Strategic Framework of Training: An Overview
- The Role of a Training Department
- Approaches Aligning Training with Strategy:
- From Top-Down to Pulse-Taking
- Marketing Training within the Organization:
- Training Preparations
- Guidelines for Promotional Material
- Your Training Announcement Template
- Partnering with Managers and Supervisors:
- The Style Inventory
- Planning, Preparation, Presentation and Follow-Up With Managers and Supervisors
Competencies of the Training Manager/Coordinator
- Competency Defined: The Iceberg Metaphor
- Competency: Components and Types
- Strategic and Tactical Competencies
- Planning and Administrative Competencies
- Overview of the 2013 ASTD Competency Framework
The Role of the Training Professional in Training Needs Assessment (TNA)
- The Training Assessment Process
- Why Identify Needs?
- Data Collection Methods: Quantitative and Qualitative
- Approachesto Identifying Needs
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
Selecting Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Qualificationsfor Internal Trainers
- Internal Trainer Selection Process
- Feedback and Coaching Template for Internal Trainers
Hiring a Consultant or External Trainer
- Screening Consultants Criteria Worksheet
- Proposal Evaluation
- Review of a Training Proposal
- Consultant Interview Evaluation Questions
- Monitoring Consultant Performance: Beginning, During, Closing
Demonstrating the Success of Training
- Lessons on How to Evaluate Training
- The Four Levels of Evaluation
- Linking Evaluation Levels with TNA and Instructional Learning Objectives (ILOs)
- Components of a Complete ILO
- Jack Phillips' ROI Process Model
- Tabulating Program Costs
- Calculating ROI