Employees in the functions of Employee Relations, Human Resources or Personnel and Administration who are directly or indirectly responsible for providing support services to internal customers within the organization.
- Define Employee Relations as a function and list its main role within Human Resources.
- Manage employee files and records as per the local labor laws and regulations.
- Improve attendance in the organization by minimizing absenteeism through the use of the right Key Performance Indicators.
- Enhance employee morale through the use of objective means of morale measurement and enhancement.
- Differentiate between employee whining, complaints and grievances and decide when to treat an issue as a grievance and how to properly handle it.
Employee Relations (ER)
- Defining the ER Function
- Main Duties and Responsibilities of ER Officers
- Employee Relations (ER) versus Human Resources (HR)
- Employee Relations versus Personnel and Administration
- The Relationship between Labor Law and Employee Relations
Managing Employee Files and Records
- The Bare Essentials that Should be Kept on Record at All Times
- Organizing the Files: The Logical Approach
- Organizing the Files: The Legal Requirements
- Approaches to Updating Employee Files
- Ad Hoc Updating versus Periodic
- Automating Employee Files: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- The Global Ranking of Current HRIS
- Punctuality and Discipline: Tips for Improving Performance in these Two Areas
- Flexi-Time: Definition and Uses
- Pros and Cons of Flexi-Time Cultures
- Absenteeism: The Main Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Measuring Absenteeism
- Analyzing Absenteeism in Order to Reduce it
- The Definition of Employee Morale
- Employee Morale versus Organizational Health
- Assessing Employee Morale
- Objective versus Subjective Approaches for Assessing Morale
- Using the Dow Jones Model to Measure Morale
- The Various Key Performance Indicators that are Influenced by Employee Morale
- Organizational Health Surveys: The Main Criteria for Designing a Survey
- The Definition of a Grievance
- Grievances versus Complaints versus Whining
- The Grievance Handling Procedures: Recommended Steps
- Grievance Rate and Grievance Resolution Rate
- The Main KPIs for Measuring your Grievance Resolution Ratio