In this intensive five-day course, delegates will be equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver the HR practices professionally and efficiently whether they are HR Professionals or Line Managers who wish to ensure that their people get the most out of their working experience.
Careers, jobs and the work experience have changed dramatically in the last twenty years. The practice of Human Resource Management has changed as well in order to support managers and employees effectively and efficiently. Human Resources Practice covers a range of key activities which will be examined in this five day programme.
This course will feature:
- Stimulating exercises and role plays which are planned carefully to allow delegates to examine and study and resolve real-life situations and experiences.
- Active participation to practice and apply different skills and styles – experience which can be taken back to the workplace.
- Opportunities are available to discuss and deal with situations delegates are experiencing in their workplace.
- Extensive and constructive feedback throughout the course from the tutor, from fellow delegates and from self-review.
- Demonstrate & understand the key activities of HR to support the achievement of the organisation’s objectives
- Recognise that managing people is a shared activity with Line Managers and HR
- Identify and develop critical skills in crucial areas to ensure the right people in the right place at the right time
- Develop people to their optimum capability
- Illustrate & deal constructively with any performance/behavioural issues at an early stage and ensure maximum contribution from all employees
The Foundation: Effective Recruitment & Selection
- The role of effective Recruitment and Selection in helping the business achieve its objectives
- Creating job descriptions, person specifications and competencies required to prepare for the process
- Combining selection techniques to achieve better predictive accuracy
- The differences between biographical, critical incident and criteria based interviewing
- Plan & conduct a ‘fair’ interview and other assessments
- Arriving at a considered decision
Talent Management & Succession Planning
- What is Talent Management?
- Recruiting & Selecting Talent
- On-boarding Talent
- Role of Employee Engagement and fostering it
- Development of Talent – tools and techniques
- Succession Planning – tools and techniques
Training & Development
- Key role of Learning to the success of the organisation
- Identifying Learning Needs & Learning Styles
- Training and Development Solutions
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Management Training
- Leadership Training
- The Performance Management Cycle
- Setting Objectives and Performance Standards
- Holding Effective Review Conversations
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Causes of Poor Performance & Dealing with Poor Performance
- Performance Management and the Disciplinary Process
Motivation, Reward & Incentives
- Problems of Understanding Motivation
- Theories of Workplace Motivation
- What’s Wrong with the Theories
- Which Rewards Do People Value?
- What Makes People Committed?
- Employee Engagement