Managers, superintendents, supervisors and officers in the functions of Human Resources and/or training and development.The program is also very useful for line managers whose organization is currently, or about to start, using competencies as a framework for recruiting, selecting and training employees.
- Define competencies, their history and the important role they play in Human Resources and the organization.
- Analyze the main components of a competency and the differences between each.
- Extract competencies from business plans and apply the steps needed in designing competency frameworks and models.
- Apply competencies in the recruitment and selection processes.
- Use competencies for identifying training needs, talent pools and succession plans.
- Utilize competencies and behavioral indicators in performance appraisal systems.
Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Definitions and Objectives of HRM
- The Main Functions in HR
- Examples of HR Organization Charts
- Recruitment and Selection Cycle
- Training and Development Cycle
- Performance Management Cycle
- Compensation and Benefits Cycle
Competencies: History and Definitions
- History, Origins and Definitions
- Components: Differences between Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- The Iceberg Model
- Competence versus Competency
Competency Frameworks and Models
- Types of Competencies
- Standard Levels of Competence
- The Use of Behavioral Indicators
- Behavioral versus Performance Indicators
- Level Customization
- Competency Job Profiles versus Job Descriptions
- Competency Job Profiles and Personal Profiles
- Competency Gap Analysis
- Extracting Competencies from Strategic Plans
- Introduction to HR Strategies, Vision and Mission Statements
- Critical Success Factors
- Key Result Areas
- Core Competencies
- Core Values
- Defining Job Requirements
- Designing and Conducting Competency-Based Interviews
- Competency-Based Selection
Competencies in Training and Development
- Classical Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Competency-Based TNAs
- Competencies in Succession Planning
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Translating Personal Competence to an Appraisal Rating: The Main Formula