Human Resources professionals working in compensation who need to improve their skills in this field. The program is also suitable for professionals working in other areas of Human Resources who wish to acquire an intimate knowledge of the job analysis and job description writing processes
- Demonstrate the importance of job descriptions in the wider context of Human Resources.
- Conduct a job analysis to obtain information for the preparation of job descriptions and other purposes.
- Write job descriptions to cover the wider requirements of Human Resources.
- Explain competencies in terms of what they are and how they are used.
- Write competency-based job descriptions.
Introduction and Overview
- Main Uses of Job Descriptions
- The Linkage of Evaluation to Compensation
- How Is Job Evaluation Relevant to Compensation?
- An Overview of the Job Evaluation Process
- Why Are Job Descriptions Important to Job Evaluation?
- Some Questions on Job Analysis
- Responsibilities – Job Descriptions
- Job Description Terminology
Job Analysis Part 1 – Purpose and Methods
- Uses of Job Analysis
- Job Analysis Methods
- How Information Requirements Determine the Method
- Job Analysis Forms – Form Explained
Job Analysis Part 2 – Information and Approach
- Sources of Information on Jobs
- Issues to Consider in Job Analysis
- Job Analysis Interviews
- Preparing for the Job Analysis Interview
- Job Analysis Guidelines
- Suggestions for Carrying Out a Job Analysis Interview
- The Dos and Don’ts of Job Analysis
- Practical – Demonstrating the Job Analysis Interview
- Practical – Carrying Out the Job Analysis Interview
- Feedback and Recap on Job Analysis
- Overview and Uses
- Job Description Components
- The Difference between Authority and Responsibility
- Job Description Guidelines
- Content Determined by Purpose
- Job Description Form Explained
- Practical – Writing Job Descriptions
- Glossary of Terms Used
- Tools and Checklists
- Sample Job Descriptions
- Maintenance of Job Descriptions
Competency-Based Job Descriptions
- Skill-Based Job Descriptions
- Types of Skill-Based Job Descriptions
- Definition of a Competency
- Competency-Based Job Descriptions
- Identifying Critical Competencies