Maintenance & Reliability Best Practices are critical for every successful individual and company. This workshop delivers many practical and new Maintenance and Reliability Best Practices concepts and tools. You will discuss these concepts and practice using practical tools in case studies and discussion groups.
The costs associated with equipment downtime and reduced production can be significant. Learning how to effectively manage all aspects of your industrial facility is amust.
This workshop is a combination of instructor lead topic areas and class discussions. Interactive discussions will allow you to hear and learn best in class applications relating to maintenance planning and cost management strategies. You will have the opportunity to ask lots of questions in order to consider how best to apply these tools and techniques in your organisation.
- Maintenance best practice improves competitive position
- Initiatives such as Six Sigma & Lean depend on reliable equipment
- Technical and people aspects are fully covered
- Hard and soft copy of practical improvement tools are provided
- Important points are reinforced by workshop sessions
- Evaluate and justify your maintenance programs using Value = Benefit – Cost.
- Apply Life Cycle cost and risk planning to your facility assets.
- Target Maintainability and/or Reliability in the development of your facility maintenance plans.
- Learn the PLAN, DO, REVIEW cycle of continuous improvement.
- Apply the theory of this session using practical case studies.
- Practice using improvement techniques
Day 1 - Asset Cost Management Introduction
- Definitions of reliability, maintenance & asset management
- The total cost of maintenance
- Best practice reliability and maintenance processes
- Elements of asset management best practice
- Auditing performance
- Overview of TPM, RCM, BCM, QCM, and other asset management buzzword
- Open discussion sessions
Day 2 - Laying the Groundwork
- Team-work maintenance, operations, stores
- The importance of standards such as PAS 55, JA1011
- Corporate asset management expectations
- Asset performance expectations
- The forms of asset failure and degradation
- The causes and nature of asset failure and degradation
- The effects, cost and risks of asset degradation
- Practical Application and Open Discussion sessions
Day 3 - Applying the Value based Process
- Breaking the cycle of failure and degradation
- Select PM tactics on the basis of costs and risks
- How to determine PM intervals
- Condition based maintenance types and the PF-curve
- The four important reliability functions
- Implementing best practice maintenance programs
- Optimising spares to support the maintenance program
- Maintenance program cost and risk based justification
- Practical Application and Open Discussion Sessions
Day 4 - Ensuring the Continuity of the Value-based Process
- Complete the PLAN, DO, REVIEW Improvement cycle with FRACAS
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System requirements
- Structure and code data collection to support reliability analysis
- How to quantify chronic failures and losses
- Use Pareto analysis and stratification to focus the value-based analysis
- Quantify losses in life cycle terms
- Hypothesise root causes of failure and verify on the basis of evidence
- Reliability Analysis Case Study
- Discussion of software and templates to support analysis
Day 5 - Supporting Process that Lower Life-cycle costs
- Planning and scheduling best practice
- Cost effective man-power and skills deployment
- Performance indicators to drive continuous improvement
- Overall review of concepts learned