By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Acquire the skills necessary for communicating in an effective manner.
- Improve their ability to communicate across cultures.
- Employ techniques for listening actively and empathically.
- Communicate in an assertive manner.
- Manage interpersonal conflict.
- Handle feedback and criticism constructively.
- Introduction to Communication
- Elements of Effective Communication
- Qualities of Effective Communicators
- The Communication Process
- Communication Beyond Words
- Sources of Miscommunication: Barriers
- Overcoming Communication Barriers
Communication Across Cultures
- Improving Cross-Cultural Communication: Guidelines
- Managing Perceptions and Biases
- Understanding Communication Styles
- The Cross-Cultural Communication Skill Set
- Communicating within Multi-Cultural Teams
- Universal Laws of Persuasion: Process
- Hearing versus Listening
- Mastering Active Listening
- Asking the Right Questions
- Five Probing Techniques
- Pitfalls of Leading Questions
Communication Behavior and Conflict Management
- Passive, Aggressive and Assertive Behavior
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Elements of Communication
- Understanding Conflict: Sources
- Conflict Management Styles
- Mastering Conflict Management Skills
- Learning to Say No
Constructive Feedback and Criticism
- The Value of Feedback
- Positive and Negative Feedback
- Giving Constructive Criticism
- Dealing with Negative Criticism