This program is designed for:
All retail sales staff as well as team leaders and supervisors accountable for sales.
- Develop the necessary competence and attitude to maximize sales and create long-term customer loyalty.
- Explain customer behavior in a retail environment.
- Use practical selling skills to guide their customers through a defined customer decision process.
- Create a positive customer shopping experience.
- Generate outstanding customer service.
The Changing Retail Environment
- The Changing Business Environment
- The Buyer Decision Process
- New Roles of Retail Sales Associates
- Three Basic Tasks of Retailing
- Retailing Biggest Challenges
- The Black Hole Concept
The Retail Selling Process
- The Customers Buying Motives
- The Retail Purchase Decision Process
- Presale Planning (Gathering Information)
- TheRetail Four Fold Selling Process (Selling Cycle)
- Characteristics of a Top Retail Salesperson
The GUEST Approach Selling Format
- Greeting the GUEST
- Understanding the GUEST
- Explaining the Products’ Features and Benefits
- Suggesting Additional Items
- Thanking the GUEST
Customer Service Excellence in Retail
- Customer Service Defined (Retail Perspective)
- Determining Customer Service Levels
- Factors to Consider When Determining Customer Services to Offer
- Foundations of Great Service People
- Handling Complaints
- Dealing with Different Types of Customers
Merchandising for the Ideal Customer Experience
- Merchandising Presentation
- Store Environment Atmosphere
- Various Store Designs
- The Different Types of Fixtures
- Preparing and Conducting a â€œStore Audit Reportâ€
- Important Retail Metrics and KPIs (Evaluating Store and Staff Performance)
- Field Visit to a Retail Shopping Centre