This program is designed for:
Sales professionals, including account managers, sales contract negotiators, sales representatives and sales executives as well as sales managers and directors of sales and marketing who are seeking best practice techniques used in major account selling today.
- Identify key prospects and persuade them to take action more promptly.
- Enhance sales process to improve sales performance from current customers and prospects.
- Improve the Return On Investment (ROI) of sales resources such as time, people and effort.
- Discover through sales negotiation training how to maintain control of sales negotiations to improve sales closing.
- Use creative advantages to counter competitive offers and justify pricing.
- Use a rigorous, objective process to evaluate the success potential of RFPs and use it to win more business opportunities.
The Major Account Defined
- The Proper Classification of Major Accounts
- The Role of Major Account Salesman and/or Manager
- Account Entry Strategy and Management of Major Account
Discovering and Qualifying Prospects
- Criteria for Qualifying Prospects
- Differentiation, Vulnerability and Competitive Strategy
Strength of Offer and Ideal Customer Profile
- Sell the Strengths of Your Offerings
- Define Your Ideal Customer, and Find Prospects that Match the Profile
- Define the Ideal Project, and Invest Resources to Secure It
- How to Make Your Customers Need You
The Effective Sales Process
- Managing the Sales Process More Effectively
- Improving the Sales Process with Performance Measures and Scores
- Influencing the Customer’s Choice
Managing the Sales Funnel
- Effective Sales Time Management
- Result Oriented Sales Activities
- Managing Internal and External Relationships
Managing Accounts Performance
- Setting Sales Goals for Major Accounts
- Strategic Sales Plans for Major Accounts
- Challenges Associated with Selling
- Sales Strategy and Tactics
- Return On Investment of Sales Time, Effort and Money
- The Four Elements of a Selling Strategy
- How Customers Make Decisions
Strategic Sales Negotiation
- Common Tactics and Countermeasures Used in Sales Negotiation
- The Importance of Selling First, Negotiating Last
- Elements of an Offer
- How to Create Value which Offsets the Need to Make Concessions
- Critical Mistakes to Avoid in Sales Negotiations
- Importance of Following through after the Negotiation is Completed
- Power and Position in Sales Negotiations
- Key Elements which Lead to Success in Sales Negotiations
- How to Offer Concessions in Sales Negotiation
Winning RFPs and Overcoming Panic Attacks
- Calculating the ROI of an RFP Response
- Understanding the Cause of Failures of Offers and/or RFPs
- Analyzing RFPs to Match Customer Needs
- Best Practices for Winning RFPs
Committing to Action
- Major Account Sales Strategy
- Action Plan for Maximum Learning
- Habit Forming and Mastery of Skills