Who should attend:
Professionals in private companies, NGOs, international organizations and governments who are currently involved in CSR, or would like to be involved in CSR, and wish to apply and embed the concept of CSR in their institution.
- Outline why Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is important in the public and private sectors.
- Examine how organizational behavior is impacted by CSR.
- List the ways to initiate or improve CSR programs in their organizations.
- Identify the legal duties company directors must observe concerning CSR.
- Recognize how business ethics, CSR and corporate governance are converging.
- Create competitive advantage through CSR.
- Align CSR strategies with organizational goals and capabilities.
- Evaluate current initiatives and consolidate efforts around key objectives.
- Implement CSR at all levels of the company.
Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Preliminary Definitions of CSR
- Corporate Citizenship Concepts
- Historical Perspectives
- Evolving View Points on CSR
- Caroll’s Four Part Definition
Why is CSR Important?
- Two Views of CSR
- Should Corporations be Involved in CSR?
- Arguments For and Against CSR
CSR and Ethics
- Definitions and Relationships
- Business Ethics Developments
- Ways Companies Integrate Ethics
- Engagement in Global Code of Business Ethics
- Making Decisions on Ethical Issues
The Evolution and Revolution of CSR
- The Rise and Fall of CSR
- The Failure of CSR: 3 Curses
- Embracing the Future: 5 Principles
- Shapeshifting: From CSR 1.0 to CSR 2.0
ARules for Effective CSR Communication
- Rule #1: Act First, Talk Later
- Rule #2: The Why and the Wherefore
- Rule #3: Be Prepared
- Rule #4: CSR Must Be a Boardroom Priority
- Rule #5: Involve the Employees
- Rule #6: Extract Messages
- Rule #7: Everybody Is Different
- Rule #8: Embrace Dialogue
- Rule #9: Become an Example of Good Practice
- Rule #10: Responsible Product Brands
Challenges of CSR
- Friedman versus Russell
- Dimensions of CSR
- Models of CSR
- Common Mistakes in CSR
- Factors to Consider in Business Case for CSR
- CSR Implementation Framework