By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate traits of an excellent sales manager.
- Plan forecasts and quotas with more accuracy and precision.
- Set up sales coaching and counseling sessions effectively.
- Employ and train the sales team to generate increased sales and profits.
- Show leadership and team building abilities to optimize sales results.
- Schedule effective and productive coaching sessions and individual sales performance reviews.
Sales Management and the Marketing Mix
- Common Characteristics of the Sales Force
- The Sales Competency Model
- The Primary Responsibilities and Roles of the Sales Manager
- The Sales Management Functions
- Major Mistakes Sales Managers Make
Planning, Strategy and Organization
- Structuring and Deploying the Sales Force
- Developing Sales Strategies
- Sales Planning Fundamentals
- Sales Forecasting Guiding Principles
- Sales Forecasting Techniques
- Territory Design, Allocation and Management
Sales Process Management
- Understanding the Psychology of the Buyer
- Characteristics of Successful Sales People
- Identifying the components of the Sales Process
- Mastering the Sales Process Milestones
Sales Management Capstone Competencies
- Recruiting Sales People (Process and Interview)
- Identifying Key Responsibilities
- Pinpointing Critical Tasks
- Training Sales People For Results
- The Field Training Process
Team Leadership and Motivation
- Team Inventory and Assessment
- Identifying Team Roles, Strengths and Weaknesses
- Coaching Sales People for Peak Performance
- Leadership Principles and Skills
- Motivation: Guidelines and Roadmaps
- Incentive Compensation Design
Sales Performance Management
- The Critical Importance of Setting Standards
- Types of Standards
- Sales Force Analytics and Reporting
- Aligning Metrics with Sales Performance
- Sales Evaluation Methods
- Confronting Incompetence