Who should attend:
Marketing professionals who need to prepare a marketing plan for the first time or who are reviewing the effectiveness of current plans. The program is also important for senior managers involved in evaluating marketing plans submitted to them by specialists.
- Apply a logical step-by-step process to produce a sound marketing plan.
- Devise a marketing plan that builds on marketing audit findings.
- Use marketing audit findings to identify effective strategies and tactics.
- Develop the components of the strategic marketing plan.
- Identify and implement the different marketing warfare strategies (offensive, defensive and flanking).
The Marketing Concept
- Scope and Functions
- A New Approach to Marketing
- Competitive Pressures Changing the World
- The Smart Bomb Strategic Approach
The Marketing Planning Process
- The Benefits of Planning
- The Marketing Plan Format
- The Marketing Planning Process
- Setting S.M.A.R.T Objectives and Goals
- Linking the Marketing Strategy to the Vision, Mission and Objectives of the Company
The Business Situation Analysis
- Understanding the Framework for Competitive Analysis
- Competitive and Customer Analysis
- Environmental Analysis
- SWOT and TOWS Analysis
- Portfolio Analysis and Design (The Boston Consulting Group Matrix)
Planning Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- Basis for Segmentation
- Benefits of Segmentation
- The Market Segmentation Process
- Effective Positioning
- Creating a Powerful Value Proposition
- Considering Different Strategic Alternatives (TOWS Analysis)
- Analyzing Different Marketing Strategies
- The Growth Strategy Matrix
- Factors Shaping the Choice of Strategy
- Blue Ocean versus Red Ocean Strategies
Tactical Planning Applications
- Setting the Scene: The Marketing Mix
- The Components of the Marketing Mix
- Using The Marketing Mix Model
Putting It All Together
- Writing Your Own Marketing Plan