This action-packed course is designed for participants to get the knowledge required to be more effective in their role and to be able to continually deliver successful projects in their organization. Leading projects can be a hard and stressful job; and hence this Bootcamp course will try to remove the stress and show participants how to successfully deliver any projects.
It will focus on understanding how to approach projects, the value project management has in delivering successful projects, how to deal with customer issues and project delivery, project selection, planning, estimating, scheduling, and delivering customer satisfaction.
This course will feature:
- Apply and practice project management in a fun, practical and team orientated environment.
- Practice the principles of multi-project management & understand the challenges of managing large complex project and how to overcome them.
- Collect hands on experience of creating elements of the project plan, project risks and metrics.
- Identify how to implement selected or all project management tools and methods for immediate use.
- Define what it takes to deliver a project to customer satisfaction and sponsor alignment.
- Understand the practices of project and program management including the ability to manage multiple projects and large complex projects
- Identify and apply the mindset and leadership skills for project managers
- Interpret the way to approach the managing of multiple projects and how this differs from managing single projects
- Identify how to use project management that can advance the way your organization works
- Describe various project management tools and techniques and apply them in different project scenarios
What it takes to become a Project Manager
- What traits do the best Project Managers have and how to develop these
- What should a project manager look for in developing an effective project team
Bootcamp Breakout 1: Develop your Project Team and undergo a Team Building Exercise
- Understanding the role of the project manager in business development
- Identifying the attitude of project stakeholders and how to manage them
Bootcamp Breakout 2: Introducing the Project and introducing the Customer
- Identify your Customer and understanding the different strategies in managing their expectation
- Identifying and setting project team responsibilities
Bootcamp Breakout 3: Present your team to the Customer Organisation
Managing Multiple Projects
- Defining the keys to managing multiple projects and how to accomplish this
- How to identify and deal with difficult personality types on multiple projects
- How to deal and manage change when dealing with multiple project
- Understanding the steps in successfully delegating work on projects
Bootcamp Breakout 4: Setting up your project structure to reassure your customer on project delivery
- Defining the 10 critical elements of a good project management plan?
- Understanding the difference between planning for small versus large complex projects?
Bootcamp Breakout 5: Developing a Project Plan for your Project and Breaking the Project into parts which can be assigned to Team Members
Developing and Controlling the Project Plans
- Understanding the 11 elements that make a good schedule … what are they and how to manage them
- Understanding the common pitfalls to avoid when making a project schedule
Bootcamp Breakout 6: Develop a schedule that your sponsor can understand
- How to identify and manage risk in any projects
- Understanding when and where project contracts need to be used and how they should be managed
Bootcamp Breakout 7: Present the risk back to your sponsor and understand financial implications
- Understand how to develop the project financial budget
- Understand what critical project elements that constantly need monitoring
Bootcamp Breakout 8: Setting up the project control system
- Understand how to be proactive in managing change
- Understand what to do if the project is behind schedule or over budget
- What is the proper way to manage a customer when change requires extra budget or time
Bootcamp Breakout 9: Deal with the Change
- Understand the best way of interfacing with your stakeholders during meetings
Bootcamp Breakout 10: It is time to meet with the customer and tell them about the change
- Actions, Issues and Change … how to report on them
Bootcamp Breakout 11: Compile the Actions, Issues and Change
Wrapping up the Project
- Understand the right way to complete a project
- Identify the best method of transitioning projects to the customer
- Understand how to make the best use of lesson learnt
- Understand how can to turn a complicated project into a major success
- How well should the project manager know the customer and understanding why it matters
- Understanding strategies on how project managers can improve the relationship with their customers
Bootcamp Breakout 12: It is time to Build a Bridge between you and the Customer - Can you do it and show how successful the project is?