The Complete Course on Contracts and Project Management in London
BMC Training provides on The Complete Course on Contracts and Project Management course [Project , Procurement and Contracts] on 2 Jul 2023 in London,UK.
This intensive 10-day course offers complete guidance for managing all types of projects that include the complexity of commercial and business relationships. The course explores how to ensure projects deliver outcomes which are client-focused, contractually appropriate and organizationally relevant.
This course covers key aspects of project definition, planning, control and handover to ensure relevant quality within time, budget and resource constraints. It explores in detail what a contract does (and does not) require each party to the contract to do, and the consequences for both parties of any failure. It also tackles team leadership, stakeholder management and project communication.
This course will feature:
- Introduction to the world of contracts and project management
- Project definition, planning & control, leadership, stakeholder management & communication
- Differences in approach between different legal & contracting systems
- Risk allocation in contract management & dispute resolution in contractual disputes
- Protecting your company’s interests when contracting in an international context
- Develop project plans focused on delivering sustainable benefits
- Lead project teams in the use of contracts and delivery of projects
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders and contractual partners
- Improve their understanding of the role of contracts within a business
- Apply the latest international thinking in dispute resolution
What are contracts and how are they created?
- The need for contractual relationships
- What is needed to create a valid contract? Ingredients and formalities
- Authority and agency
- The tender process
- Alternative sourcing
- Making contracts enforceable – with particular emphasis on the international context
The Structure of contracts
- Form of Agreement
- Hierarchy of Terms and Conditions
- Different contractual structures ?Traditional and new
- Risk and Title (ownership) in international trade. When does it transfer?
- Notices and other formalities
- Which law and which courts?
- Securitising performance obligations
- Bonds and guarantees
- Parent company guarantees
- Letters of intent, comfort or awareness
- Insurance policies
- Assessing the need for financial security
Change and variation
- Changes to Contract documents
- Assignment/Novation explained and distinguished
- Variation clauses and changes to the scope of work
- Claims – what they are, and how they arise
- Delay and disruption
- Force majeure
- Conflict avoidance and tiered dispute resolution clauses
- Mediation, ENE and new best practices in dispute resolution and management
- Final questions and review of course
The World of Project Management
- What is a project?
- Mature project management
- Selecting projects to meet organizational goals
- Managing programmes and portfolios
- Uncertainty in project selection decisions
- Project data, information and knowledge management
Project Planning, Scheduling and Budgeting
- Strategic, tactical and operational planning
- The contents of a project plan
- Level of detail in scheduling
- Network logic and dependency analysis
- Project uncertainty and risk management
- Fundamentals of budgeting and cost control
Project Resourcing, Monitoring and Control
- Resource allocation
- Expediting a project
- The Critical Chain approach
- Designing the monitoring cycle
- Performance indicators and control mechanisms
- Designing the change control system
The Project Manager’s Roles and Responsibilities
- Selection of the Project Manager
- Project Team-building and empowerment
- Delegating with confidence
- Communication within the project team
- Project team leadership
- Conflict handling
Project Evaluation, Reporting, Closure and Hand-over
- Evaluation criteria and project auditing
- Analysing project performance
- Progress reports and records
- Determinants of project success
- Successful project hand-over
- Lessons learned and creating learning culture
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Paddington. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of The Complete Course on Contracts and Project Management outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours from 2 Jul 2023 To 13 Jul 2023 . The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.
- Code PPC41
- City London
- Location Paddington
- Start Date 2 Jul 2023
- End Date 13 Jul 2023
- Availability Confirmed
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Fees 9400 GBP
- Whatsapp 00447493377144