Who should attend:
Individuals involved in improvement projects, processes identification, work design, productivity improvement or quality auditing initiatives.
- Define process definitions and importance of processes in their organization.
- Examine elements of a business process.
- Develop process maps and measure performance.
- Apply process assessments for core, support and linkage processes.
- Analyze, simplify and improve processes.
Process Definitions and Elements
- Process Definition
- Process Approach to Improvement
- Advantages of Process Mapping
- Elements of a Process
- Benefits of Process Maps
- Attributes of a Process Map:
- Who Is the Customer?
- What Is Critical to their Satisfaction?
- Where Can we Obtain Process Performance Data?
- How Well Do our Processes Satisfy their Needs?
- What Is our Business Value Chain?
- What Is Process Efficiency and Effectiveness?
- Stakeholders Analysis
Understanding Process Approach as per International Quality Standards
- Understanding Process Approach
- Process Characteristics
- The Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Approach
- Opportunities in Terms of Reducing Cycle Time, Defects and
- Non Value-Added
Process Assessments Approaches
- Key Terms
- Mapping Process
- Types of Mapping Tools
- Simple Flow Charting
- Geo Graphs, Spaghetti/Workflow Diagrams
- Swim Lane (Deployment) Flowcharts
- Supplier-Input-Process-Output-Customer Charts (SIPOC- Six Sigma Projects)
- Value-Added/Non-Value Added Analysis
- Value Stream Maps
- Cycle Time Map
- Process Hierarchy
- Process Maps Symbols
- IDEFO Process Map
- Non Value-Added Analysis
- Lean Thinking to Reduce Waste in Processes
- The Eight Types of Waste Found in Processes
- 5S – A Framework to Organize and Maintain your Workplace
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
AProcess Analysis and Improvement
- Customer Oriented Processes
- Support Oriented Processes
- Management Processes
- Diagnosis of a Process
- Analyzing and Improving a Process
- Turtle Diagram
- Using Process Maps to Identify Root Causes
- 12 Cornerstone Tools to Process Streamlining
- Problem-Solving Techniques
- Process Auditing as a Tool for Continuous Improvement
- Process Mapping in Six Sigma Projects
Process Measurement and Benchmarking
- Why Measure?
- Setting Targets
- Process KPIs
- Benchmarking and the Balanced Scorecard