Who should attend:
Engineers, quality control personnel, inspectors, testing personnel, or those interested in the quality engineering profession.
- Define basic quality management principles.
- Discuss the relationship of the quality engineer to the quality system.
- Analyze the relationship of statistics to a process.
- Use process capability and statistical process control to monitor a process.
- Generate acceptance sampling plans and identify and use technical quality tools.
- Incorporate quality technology in design, customer-supplier relationships, Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM), materials control, measurement, auditing, quality costs and document control within a quality system.
- Apply problem-solving tools and basic statistical concepts, process control and process capability plans, acceptance sampling, and attribute controls.
Overview of Management and Leadership Principles
- Quality Philosophies and Foundations
- The Quality Management System (QMS)
- Strategic Planning
- Deployment Techniques
- Quality Information System (QIS)
- Facilitation Principles and Techniques
- Customer Relations
- Supplier Management
The Quality System
- Elements of the Quality System
- Documentation of the Quality System
- Quality Standards and Other Guidelines
- Quality Audits
- Cost of Quality (COQ)
- Quality Training
Product and Process Design
- Classification of Quality Characteristics
- Design Inputs and Review
- Reliability and Maintainability
Product and Process Control
- Material Control
- Acceptance Sampling
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and Metrology
- Quality Control Tools
- Quality Management and Planning Tools
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Corrective Action
- Preventive Action
Quantitative Methods and Tools
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Descriptive Statistics
- Graphical Methods for Depicting Relationships
- Graphical Methods for Depicting Distributions
- Continuous Distributions
- Discrete Distributions
- Statistical Decision-Making
- Point Estimates and Confidence Intervals
- Hypothesis Testing and Paired-Comparison Tests
- Relationships between Variables
- Linear Regression and Simple Linear Correlation
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Objectives and Benefits
- Common and Special Causes
- Selection of Variable and Rational Subgrouping
- Control Charts
- Process and Performance Capability
- Process Capability Studies and Indices
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Terminology and ANOVA
- Planning and Organizing Experiments