Who should attend:
Individuals who desire to reinforce their skills, knowledge, and capacity to understand the Certified Manager of Quality/ Organizational Excellence Body of Knowledge in preparation for taking the ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence Examination.
- Review the Body of Knowledge in preparation for the ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence examination.
- Apply the components of the Body of Knowledge (BOK) to further focus their preparation efforts.
- Explain, through discussions, the main concepts in each of the BOK elements.
- Refine their thinking approach in preparation for the ‘constructed response’ section of the examination.
- Practice sample tests.
- This course is designed and developed by ASQ’s Quality Management Division. The course is presented in a way that reinforces current knowledge, re-introduces applications that may not be used every day, explains the rationale for use,
- and highlights sample questions, both multiple choice and constructed response.
NOTE 1: This course has pre-course reading assignments along with a practice test. Evening homework is also assigned during the course.
NOTE 2: The Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence book (By R. Westcott) will be used as the main handbook for training and will be provided to participants on the first day.
Introduction: Course Materials, Practice Questions and Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Body of Knowledge, Preparation Tips, Suggestions for More Effective Test-Taking
Organizational Leadership, Teams Strategy Development and Deployment
- Leadership Styles
- Teams and Team Building Techniques
- Change Management
Strategic Plan Development and Deployment
- Strategic Planning Models
- Business Environment Analysis
- Strategic Plan Deployment
- Organizational Performance Measurement
Management Elements and Methods
- Principles of Management
- Management Theories, Styles and Tools
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Communication Skills and Abilities
- Project Management
- Project Documentation
- Quality System
- ISO and Other Third-Party Standards
- Other Quality Methodologies
- Quality Philosophies
Quality and Process Management Tools
- The Seven Classic Quality Tools
- Mapping the Process
- Analyzing the Process
- Innovation and Creativity Tools
- Lean Tools
- Theory of Constraints (TOC)
- Basic Statistical Use
- Statistical Analysis
- Process Capability
- Qualitative Assessment
- Customer Identification and Segmentation
- Internal and External Customers
- Customer Needs – Voice of the Customer
- Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Basic Customer Service Principles
Supply Chain Management
- Supplier Selection and Communications
- Supplier Performance and Improvement
- Supplier Certification, Partnership and Alliances
Training and Development
- Training Needs Analysis and Plans
- Training Material Design and Delivery
- Training Effectiveness and Evaluation