This program is designed for:
Individuals, managers, supervisors and all those who are engaged in TQM implementation and improving organizational performance.
- Describe the importance of quality models.
- Identify various quality concepts.
- Compare various TQM philosophies.
- Apply TQM improvement tools to enhance customer satisfaction and improve processes within their organization.
- Discuss widely-used improvement methodologies.
Introduction to Total Quality Management (TQM) Concepts
- Definition of Quality and Quality Models
- History of Quality
- What is TQM?
- The Relationship Between ISO 9000 and TQM
- Benefits of Implementing a Quality Model
- The Cost ofPoor Quality
- The Gurus Comparsion (Deming, Crosby, Juran, Etc.)
- National Quality Award:
- The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
- EFQM, Dubai Quality Award and HH Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award
- Selecting the Right Model for Your Organization
- The Quality Maturity Ladder
The Success Elements of TQM
- Customer-Driven Quality
- Plan-Do-Check-Act Model (PDCA)
- Eight Step Problem-Solving Methodology
- Process Thinking
- Eliminating the Non-Value Added
- Management by Facts and Data
- Continual Improvement and Kaizen
- Enhanced Employee Participation and Decision-Making through Idea Generating Systems
- Employee Reward and Recognition
Improvement Tools and Methodologies
- What Is a Quality Tool?
- The Seven Quality Control Tools.
- Cause-and-Effect Diagram, Check Sheet, Control Charts, Histogram, Pareto Chart, Scatter Diagram, Stratification
- Tree Diagrams: How-How and Why-Why Diagrams
- Force Field Analysis
- Affinity Diagrams
- Process Mapping: â€œThe Turtleâ€
- Poka Yoke
- Lean Thinking
- Visual Management and5S Program
- Six Sigma
Benchmarking as a Tool to Improve Quality and Business Processes
- What is Benchmarking? Why Benchmark?
- Levels of Benchmarking
Elements of a Continuous Improvement Process
- The Eight Steps to Achieve Improvement
- Critical Success Factors and Common Failure Factors in TQM