Who should attend: Executives, assistants and administrators who are interested in rejuvenating their practices and skills for better performance. The program offers a challenging opportunity to enhance interpersonal communication skills, people skills, and especially English business writing skills.
- Define the new roles of executive assistants and administrators.
- Use technology to get more done and to stay connected with the office and their boss.
- File, document, sort, index and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Identify quality standards for servicing internal and external customers and appreciate the impact of office design on the overall performance.
- Demonstrate better command of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
New Roles for New Times
- The Changing Organization
- The Role of Management in The Workplace
- Optimizing Communication and Influence
- Fostering a Professional Attitude
- Producing Results from Various Activities
- Use of Technology to Get Things Done
Mastering Data Management and Office Etiquette
- Basic Modern Office Etiquette
- What Not to Do in your Cubicle
- Telephone and Email Etiquette, Skills, and Courtesy
- Records Management (Filing and Documenting Soft and Hard Copies)
- Indexing, Archiving, and Retrieving Data and Documents
- Handling Office Finances and Petty Cash
Creating a Motivating and Productive Office Environment
- Understanding Office Design as Part of Enhancing Productivity
- Feng Shui Office Design: The Art of Working (Tips and Basic Steps)
- Communicating with Employees for Better Results
- Dealing and Communicating with Different Cultures at Work
Advanced Communication Skills for Administrators
- Preparing Powerful Short Presentations
- Advanced Business Writing (Reports, Proposals, Faxes, Letters, Memos, Emails, etc.)
- Dealing with a Difficult Boss
Time and Project Management for Administrators
- Six Steps to Great Time Management
- Preparing for Meetings and Conferences
- Preparing Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- The Effective Use of MS Outlook to Manage your Time and Respect Other People’s Agendas
- Event Planning and Project Management (Template)
The Impact of Technology on the Administrator’s Roles and Tasks
- The Use of Smart Phones to Stay Connected and Liaise with Others
- Synchronizing your Smart Phone with your Computer for Updates
- The Use of Electronic Devices to Research, be Informed and Report on Timely Basis