Inventory Management And Purchasing Skills in Zurich
BMC Training provides on Inventory Management And Purchasing Skills course [Warehouse , Logistics , Supply Chain and Inventory] on 3 Sep 2023 in Zurich,Switzerland.
This course is a practical guide to inventory management for wholesale distributors and stores that supply "hard goods". It includes many formulas, tables and charts that cover all areas of inventory management.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Deal with merchandise classification and selection, forecasting, safety stocks, replenishment, purchasing, promotions, forward buying, stock adjustments, and supply chain topics.
- Apply various techniques that were used to manage inventories in the author's company for years.
- Understand how to deal with thousands of different items and with very high service level requirement.
- Illustrate the key points of the course through anecdotes and case histories.
- Apply and use valuable blend of strong, proven mathematical techniques and real life examples and experiences.
- Introduction to the automotive aftermarket
- The shape of and size of auto parts inventories
- Best practices for inventory control
- Defining demand
- Inventory classification
- Selecting items for store and DC inventories
- The benefit of short lead time
- Item level forecasting
- Regular items
- Unusual items
- Seasonal items
- Promotion items
- Forecasting summary
- Item level order quantity
- Lead time forecasting
- Setting safety stock amounts
- Establishing service level goals
- Setting the best review time for product line orders
- Establishing a schedule budget
- Replenishment of stores
- Replenishment purchasing for distribution centres
- Forward buying
- Alternate and superseded items
- Stock adjustment process
- Overstock identification and stock adjustments
- Measuring performance
- Logistics of multiple locations supplier performance reviews
- The impact of inventory management on margin
- Supply chain considerations
- Conclusion and checklist
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Marriott. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of Inventory Management And Purchasing Skills outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours from 3 Sep 2023 To 7 Sep 2023 . The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.
- Code WLS30
- City Zurich
- Location Marriott
- Start Date 3 Sep 2023
- End Date 7 Sep 2023
- Availability Confirmed
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Fees 8200 GBP
- Whatsapp 00447493377144