Strategic sourcing redefines the traditional approach to buying and using materials and services. Purchasing and supplier programs are receiving substantial attention in current professional literature, but there is little information on implementing supplier strategies and techniques. The course offers a specific, step-by-step approach to the strategic sourcing process. This unique reference provides expert guidance on designing, launching, executing, evaluating, and maintaining a sourcing project. It includes illustrations, examples, and templates for immediate use.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Evaluate strategic options and understand opportunities in supply chain management
- Discuss a strategic sourcing initiative from conception to implementation, documents the SCE story.
- Design strategic sourcing solutions and help companies improve competitiveness
- Optimize their resources and develop relationships to sustain effective supply chain management.
- Identify best practice for business professionals and discuss case studies in organizational change.
- The Voice Of Experience: Lessons And Insights From People Who Experienced Strategic Sourcing At SCE
- The SCE Story
- The Case for Action -Theory and Practice
- Suppliers Speak
- Critical Success Factors in Strategic Sourcing
- Suppliers' Critical Success Factors
- THE ACTION GUIDE: IMPLEMENTING STRATEGIC SOURCING
- Deciding to Act
- Designing the Program
- Team Development and Opportunity Identification
- Sourcing Team Strategy
- Supplier Selection
- Sustaining Change
- Business Integration
- Epilogue-Beyond Strategic Sourcing