Shipping And Port Management Specialist In Maritime Logistics in Paris
BMC Training provides on Shipping And Port Management Specialist In Maritime Logistics course [Warehouse , Logistics , Supply Chain and Inventory] on 11 Jun 2023 in Paris,France.
This course covers many topics including shipping lines, container tankers, dry bulk, and port-centric logistics; it is a helpful, up-to-date resource for students of logistics and logistics professionals.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Examine the latest developments, knowledge and practices taking place in logistics and supply chains within the shipping and port industry
- Define maritime logistics value and its strategic significance
- Provide a global perspective on the increasingly key area of logistics
- Understand all the aspects of logistics including container shipping, dry and wet bulk shipping, and port-centric logistics
- Define logistics hub and its applications for container ports and improve Supply chain accessibility and efficiency
Defining Maritime Logistics And Its Value
- Maritime logistics in concept
- Maritime logistics value defined
- Strategic significance of maritime logistics value
- Concluding remarks
International Maritime Trade And Logistics
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Logistics and transport
- Global trade and international maritime trade
- Global trade and international trade
Intermodal Freight Transport And Logistics
- Characteristics of intermodal transport
- Containerisation of intermodal transport
- Advantages of intermodal transport
- Containerisation and intermodal transport
- Development of intermodal transport
- Combined transport operators and their services
- Towards innovative intermodal transport
The Human Element In Maritime Logistics
- The human element in science and theory
- Effects on system performance and wellbeing
Developing Liner Service Networks In Container Shipping
- Background on container shipping
- Configuration and design of liner shipping services
- Shipping routes, network patterns and port centrality
Supply Chain Integration Of Shipping Companies
- Supply chain integration in the maritime shipping industry
- The impact of supply chain integration on shipping firm performance
Logistics Strategy In Container Shipping
- Literature review
- Container line logistics activities
- Liner operator case studies
- Strategic groups
Tanker Shipping Logistics
- Transfer components
- Marine terminals
- Contractual relationships
- Cargo transfer procedures
- Cargo losses
Dry Bulk Shipping Logistics
- Dry bulk trade
- Dry bulk fleet
- Economies of dry bulk trade
- Principles of dry bulk shipping logistics
Dry Port In Concept And Practice
- Intermodality and seaport inland access
- Intermodal terminal facilities
- The dry port concept
- Dry port examples in Europe
Defining Logistics Hub And Its Applications For Container Ports
- Logistics hub in perspective
- Application of logistics hub to container port
- Economics and social network theories for container hub port evolution
Hinterland Logistics And Global Supply Chains
- Supply chain accessibility and efficiency
- System design
- Hinterland logistics and its influence on global supply chains
Port And Logistics Chains: Changes In Organizational Effectiveness
- Ports and logistics chains
- Port authorities in logistics chains
Logistics Performance Of Supply Chain-Oriented Ports
- Review of relevant literature
- Evolution of port research
- Supply chains and seaports
- Integration of ports in supply chains
- Research model and data collection
- Empirical analysis and results
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Champs Elysees. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of Shipping And Port Management Specialist In Maritime Logistics outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours from 11 Jun 2023 To 29 Jun 2023 . The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.