Why do some distribution centers have excellent performance while others struggle? Highly Competitive Warehouse Management unravels the secrets of those best-in-class operations; this interactive course provides a systematic yet flexible action plan for improvement, which involves human behavior, process redesign, warehouse management systems and supply chain alignment.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Apply methods and techniques to analyze the current state of their operations.
- Use case studies, detailed examples and thought provoking questions will move your facility to best-in-class performance.
- Understand how to apply contemporary management tools to warehouse management.
- Appreciate the importance of warehouse management, as it is central to achieving high operational and financial performance for most contemporary enterprises.
- Gain a wide knowledge of best-in-class operations and apply action plans for improvement.
Highly Competitive Warehouse Management
- Competitive Advantage
- Best-in-Class Supply Chain Performance
- The Clean Socks Experiment
- Four Elements of Warehouse Optimization
- Growth Path for Warehouse Optimization
- Warehouse Maturity Scan
The Challenge of Change
- Change Management of Facilitate a Change-Oriented Culture
- Warehouse Strategy to Give Direction
- Warehouse Action Plan to Organize Evolution
- Optimization Actions to Create Fun and Successes
- Project Management to Give Guidance
- Warehouse Justification
- Material Handling
- Warehouse Services
- Warehouse Processes
- Inbound Processes
- Wave Planning
- Outbound Processes
Warehouse Management Systems
- WMS Modules
- Real-time Communication
- Material Handling Control
Effective Warehouse Management
- Service Level Agreements
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Activity-Based Costing
- Performance Indicators
- Service Level Improvement
- Efficiency Improvement
- Compact Storage
Responsive Warehouse Management
- Capacity Planning
- Wave Management
- Task Management
- Utilization Improvement
- Space Utilization
Collaborative Warehouse Management
- Activity-Based Pricing
- Synchronized Planning
- Virtual Warehousing