This comprehensive course is an essential for risk managers, supply chain managers, supply chain operators and anyone interested in risk management and its growing impact on the supply chain, it includes case studies of best practices, each case study describes a company’s supply chain and production/ sourcing strategy.
On completion of this practical course you should be able to:
- Assess the various sources of external threats, including environmental, geopolitical, economic and technological.
- Describe the evolving risks to supply chains and understand how multinational corporations should be dealing with them at a strategic level.
- Examine the lack of supply visibility that puts businesses at risk and discuss case studies of best practice.
- Explain how multinational corporations should be dealing with evolving risks at a strategic level and cites.
- Assess the external threats to the supply chain from the environmental to geopolitical and economic to technological angles
- Analyze the supply chain threats and understand the causes of supply chain disruption
A Framework For Understanding Risk
- An analysis of supply chain threats
- The severity of threat
- Understanding the causes of supply chain disruption
- External risk categories
Engineering Supply Chain Resilience
- Preparedness and strategies for response
- Business Continuity Management (BCM)
- Offsetting the risk of business interruption
- Case study of resilience: how does Cisco manage risk?
- The role of flexible technology in supply chain resilience
- The role of government and commercial companies
Industry Sector Resilience To Supply Chain Threats
- High tech
- Consumer goods/retail
Natural Disasters, Climate Change And Pandemics
- The impact of natural disasters on supply chains
- Climate change
Economic Risks To The Supply Chain
- Demand shocks
- Currency fluctuations
- Supply shocks
- Industrial unrest
Societal Risks To Supply Chains
- Fair labor
- ‘Conflict-free’ minerals
- Environmental practices of supply chain partners
- Food shortages in developing countries
Terrorism And Security
- Risk and security in air cargo supply chains
- Sea freight security
Corruption In The Logistics Industry
- Why is the logistics industry so prone to corruption?
- ‘Anti-bribery, anti-corruption’ legislation
- Most corrupt markets
- Freight forwarding and Customs corruption
- Customs corruption in the EU
- Dealing with corrupt Customs officials: WEF best practice
- Smuggling and Customs corruption
- VAT fraud schemes
- Cracking down on customs corruption
- Freight forwarding, airlines and cartels
- Unofficial tolls and crossing controls
- Allegations of corruption in government contract negotiations
- Major defense logistics corruption in Afghanistan
- Humanitarian aid logistics corruption
- Organized crime in transport operations
Cargo Crime And Piracy
- What is cargo crime?
- Theft from trucks and warehouses
- Combating vehicle-based cargo crime
- Cargo crime in North America
- Cargo crime in emerging markets
- Theft from airports
- Cyber threats to supply chains