This course is for professionals in multinational companies who may face several challenges related to the multi-linguistic, multi-faceted aspects of supply chain management in developing and developed economies. Under-developed infrastructures, archaic technology and lack of knowledge of indigenous supply chain management systems have hampered the growth of markets and indigenous businesses in emerging economies.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Discuss a wide selection of case studies covering a multitude of supply chains in different economies of the world.
- Examine major issues related to supply chain management.
- Understand the complete management of the flow of goods, information, and finances, the discipline of supply chain management merits an in-depth analysis.
- Explore the latest knowledge on different types of supply chains that exist within the world business environment and acts as catalyst for incumbent global corporations
- Understand and work around inefficient supply chains, particularly in emerging economies.
Logistics Clusters and Services
- A Case Study of Singapore as a Logistics Cluster
- Transport and Logistics in Dubai: A High Stakes Play
- Assessing Trade Friendliness of Logistics Services in ASEAN
Perishable and Commodity Products Supply Chains
- Fruitful Market Mediation: Challenges in Implementing Coo petition
- Supply Chains of Commodity Products in India: The Case of Rice
- Multilayered Distribution System in India: Practice and Issues
- A Study of Eco-Friendly Supply Chain Management at Cement Industries of Chhattisgarh
Aeronautical and Automotive Supply Chains
- When Supply Chain Strategy does not Match Supply Chain Capabilities: Lessons that can be learnt from the Supply Chain of Boeing
- The Internationalization Path of Wanxiang
- Greening the Automotive Supply Chain
- A Case Study of Singapore's Automotive Supply Chain: Preliminary Analysis and Findings
Specialized Supply Chains
- GIS, Grid Computing and RFID in Healthcare Information Supply Chain: A Case for Infectious Disaster Management
- Petroleum Supply Chain Network Design: A Case Analysis from Oman
- Commercial Logistics vs. Military Logistics: A Conceptual Analysis
- Supply Chain Management for NGOs: Case Study of Akshaya Patra Foundation
Supply Chain Losses and Risk Management
- Understanding Supply Chain Risk Management: An In-Depth Analysis
- Categorization of Losses across Supply Chains: Cases of Manufacturing Firms
- An Analysis of Issues and Possible Remedies in the Adoption of RFID in Retail Supply Chains of India