Competencies - Design, Development and Implementation Training in Houston , United States
Course Code : HRM25 - Course Address : Four Seasons Hotel Houston - Course Fees : 7900 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
Managers, superintendents, supervisors and officers in the functions of Human Resources and/or training and development.The program is also very useful for line managers whose organization is currently, or about to start, using competencies as a framework for recruiting, selecting and training employees.
- Define competencies, their history and the important role they play in Human Resources and the organization.
- Analyze the main components of a competency and the differences between each.
- Extract competencies from business plans and apply the steps needed in designing competency frameworks and models.
- Apply competencies in the recruitment and selection processes.
- Use competencies for identifying training needs, talent pools and succession plans.
- Utilize competencies and behavioral indicators in performance appraisal systems.
Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Definitions and Objectives of HRM
- The Main Functions in HR
- Examples of HR Organization Charts
- Recruitment and Selection Cycle
- Training and Development Cycle
- Performance Management Cycle
- Compensation and Benefits Cycle
Competencies: History and Definitions
- History, Origins and Definitions
- Components: Differences between Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- The Iceberg Model
- Competence versus Competency
Competency Frameworks and Models
- Types of Competencies
- Standard Levels of Competence
- The Use of Behavioral Indicators
- Behavioral versus Performance Indicators
- Level Customization
- Competency Job Profiles versus Job Descriptions
- Competency Job Profiles and Personal Profiles
- Competency Gap Analysis
- Extracting Competencies from Strategic Plans
- Introduction to HR Strategies, Vision and Mission Statements
- Critical Success Factors
- Key Result Areas
- Core Competencies
- Core Values
- Defining Job Requirements
- Designing and Conducting Competency-Based Interviews
- Competency-Based Selection
Competencies in Training and Development
- Classical Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Competency-Based TNAs
- Competencies in Succession Planning
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Translating Personal Competence to an Appraisal Rating: The Main Formula
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Four Seasons. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.