Practical Industrial Data Communications and Telecommunications in Kuala Lumpur
BMC Training provides on Practical Industrial Data Communications and Telecommunications course [Electrical and Power Engineering Training] on 22 Oct 2023 in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia.
Industrial data communication is characterized by its operating environment. Electromagnetic interference (EMI), long distances and physical barriers set industrial communications apart from typical business office requirements. Conventional equipment usually lacks the versatility to adapt to the unique requirements of data monitoring and process control. In response to the growing needs in industrial data communications, a number of purpose developed industrial data communications devices have entered the marketplace. their designs are a result of field experience in solving difficult data communications problems and optimizing characteristics for all aspects of reliability and economy. With so many different standards on the market today, the debate is not about what is the best - be it Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus, Devicenet or Industrial Ethernet but rather about selecting the most appropriate technologies and standards for a given application and then ensuring that best practice is followed in designing, installing and commissioning the data communications links to ensure they run fault-free. The industrial data communications systems in your plant underpin your entire operation. It is critical that you apply best practise in designing, installing and fixing any problems that may occur. This course distils all the tips and tricks with the benefit of many years of experience and gives the best proven practices to follow.
Ethernet, TCP/IP and the Internet technologies are reshaping the way that control, data transfer, and maintenance are being carried out in industrial plants around the world. In this course, you will learn more about the latest developments in networking, including practical tips on testing TCP/IP based networks and where to safely use an industrial Web intranet. You will also explore the strengths and weakness of competing network technologies, including leased services such T1/T3, Frame Relay or ADSL, and private systems such as short haul modems and fiber optics. Special focus will be placed on the questions of security in the industrial setting.
This course provides a thorough understanding of modern industrial data communication including basic communication principles, hardware interfaces such as RS232, communication protocols: ASCII based protocol, Modbus and other industrial protocols in peer-to-peer or network environment. The course provides "hands-on" work experience in using communication protocols handshaking techniques for various modern smart instruments and devices.
Upon the successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply traditional and current serial standards, such as EIA-232, 422, 423 and 485, in industrial plant floor settings.
- Learn the inner working of proprietary PLC networks.
- Understand Local Area Network (LAN) topologies and protocols.
- Compare media access techniques such as CSMA/CD, token passing and master/slave.
- Describe design methods for LANs using Ethernet.
- Understand the different Ethernet varieties and which are best for industry.
- Know your options for Ethernet hardware to avoid instant obsolescence and being locked in the past.
- Understand the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI)
- Expand your understanding of LAN, WAN intranet and Internet concepts
- Understand the how structure of the telephone system impacts industrial networks
- Understand analog dial-up connections and modems standards
- Understand modern digital WANs and the service options for corporate intranets
- Learn the basics of fiber-optic networks, including cable selection for the plant floor
- Understand the TCP/IP protocols, addressing, and troubleshooting
- Learn how to create a web server for an industrial intranet
- Understand where web technologies can safely be used for process control
- Learn the basics of network security and the procedures that should be followed for safe operations
- Understand the Smart Instrument Systems such as HART
- Understand the Fieldbus Protocols and Configurations
- Understand the Public Network Transport Technologies
- Understand the Wide Area and Converged Networking (PSTN/PBX/Internet/Intranet)
- Understand the Wireless Communications and their characteristics
- Understand the Enterprise Level Process Data Communications (ERP, MES, SCADA)
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Jalan Conlay. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of Practical Industrial Data Communications and Telecommunications outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours from 22 Oct 2023 To 26 Oct 2023 . The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.
- Code EPE59
- City Kuala Lumpur
- Location Jalan Conlay
- Start Date 22 Oct 2023
- End Date 26 Oct 2023
- Availability Confirmed
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Fees 4950 GBP
- Whatsapp 00447493377144