This programme focuses on mastering interpersonal skills and generating the dialogues and behaviours that develop working relationships and personal effectiveness. It will introduce the benefits of being emotionally intelligent and using it to advantage. It will facilitate an understanding of personal style and how this impacts on self and others. The emphasis is on communication techniques through a series of experiential learning activities; an “open mind.” is essential for this highly interactive workshop.
- Building your unique value proposition for the organisation
- Relation management techniques using Relation Awareness Theory
- Communicating with impact and influence
- Communication skills which motivate and engage others employees
- Building emotional resilience for today’s challenging organisational environment
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Create and develop a sense of personal responsibility which can proactively manage a interpersonal relationships for productive outcomes.
- Evaluate psychological research to construct unique perception of self & relate what value that this "personal brand" brings to organisation.
- Calculate the effectiveness of current work based networks, select and formulate action activities to strengthen professional support systems.
- Appreciate the value of diverse opinion and manage conflict interactions as a tool for generating creative organisational outcomes.
- Analyse and operate strategies that build emotional hardiness and resilience to face daily challenges effectively.
Build your professional reputation and organisational value
- Why Soft Skills Matter: Making Sure Your Hard Skills Shine
- Develop your unique value proposition and “brand”
- Learning to learn: strategies for lifelong learning and development
- Relation Management: Build your professional reputation and organisational value
- Your professional networks :Tapping resources for personal benefit
- Understanding self: The Psychology of you and your natural behavioural preferences
Communication Skills for Today’s Professional: Your Message Power
- How good are your communications skills: evaluation, assessment and review
- Why becoming a great communicator will boost your career aspirations
- Learn about people’s perceptions and viewpoints and how they differ
- Master the basics of face-to-face communication and building rapport
- Listen to understand: understand others but be clearly understood
- Styles of communication and how and when top employ them with effect
Make skilful business presentations
- How good are your presenting skills: evaluation, assessment and review
- NLP techniques to enhance the message
- Learning to Communicate Clearly
- Becoming a competent speaker: building a value proposition/ business case
- The principles of positive Influence and persuasion
- Business story telling: using stories to inspire
Practical Communication skills for effective management
- From “technical expert” to manager
- Appraisal: a review of good communications techniques
- Giving feedback and Coaching to motivate
- Dealing with difficult situation scenario planning
- Seeking 360 feedbacks: How do others see me
- Writing reports and Meeting management
Emotional Resilience: Handling Life’s Challenges
- Learn how you respond to challenging or upsetting events
- Explore and understand the patterns in your responses to key moments
- Understanding the Change Process
- Managing self and Learn to choose positive behaviors and feelings during your key moments
- Identify and challenge the distortions in your interpretations
- Action planning and setting a personal agenda