- Demonstrate traits of an excellent sales manager.
- Plan forecasts and quotas with more accuracy and precision.
- Set up sales coaching and counseling sessions effectively.
- Employ and train the sales team to generate increased sales and profits.
- Show leadership and team building abilities to optimize sales results.
- Schedule effective and productive coaching sessions and individual sales performance reviews.
- Produce better margins and make more profits.
- Devise action plans to prioritize efforts for maximum results.
- Develop a sales plan for each strategic (key) account to fully satisfy client needs and maximize customer value.
- Understand the buying process and close more sales.
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities for business and relationship development.
Sales Management and the Marketing Mix
- Common Characteristics of the Sales Force
- The Sales Competency Model
- The Primary Responsibilities and Roles of the Sales Manager
- The Sales Management Functions
- Major Mistakes Sales Managers Make
Planning, Strategy and Organization
- Structuring and Deploying the Sales Force
- Developing Sales Strategies
- Sales Planning Fundamentals
- Sales Forecasting Guiding Principles
- Sales Forecasting Techniques
- Territory Design, Allocation and Management
Sales Process Management
- Understanding the Psychology of the Buyer
- Characteristics of Successful Sales People
- Identifying the components of the Sales Process
- Mastering the Sales Process Milestones
Sales Management Capstone Competencies
- Recruiting Sales People (Process and Interview)
- Identifying Key Responsibilities
- Pinpointing Critical Tasks
- Training Sales People For Results
- The Field Training Process
Team Leadership and Motivation
- Team Inventory and Assessment
- Identifying Team Roles, Strengths and Weaknesses
- Coaching Sales People for Peak Performance
- Leadership Principles and Skills
- Motivation: Guidelines and Roadmaps
- Incentive Compensation Design
Sales Performance Management
- The Critical Importance of Setting Standards
- Types of Standards
- Sales Force Analytics and Reporting
- Aligning Metrics with Sales Performance
- Sales Evaluation Methods
- Confronting Incompetence
Key Account (KA) Management (KAM)
- Definition of Key Account Management
- Setting the Rules for Qualifying Key Accounts
- CRM: The Key For Managing Customer Profitability
- Linking CRM to KA Management and Customer Lifetime Value
Account Analysis: A Necessary Step Towards Defining and Selecting KA
- The Single-Factor Models
- The Portfolio Models
- The Decision Models
- Cost per Call and Break-Even Sales Volume Computation
- Selection Criteria and Measuring Attractiveness
- Use of Resources versus Cost to Serve
Key Account Relational Development Model
- Partnership Defined
- The Partnership Skill Set
- Pre Relationship Stage
- Early Relationship Stage
- Mid Relationship Stage
- Partnership Relationship Stage
- Synergetic Relationship Stage
- Reasons for Divesting Partnerships
- The KA Quiz
The Key Account Planning Process (KAP)
- Account Planning Process Criteria
- Analyzing the Customer, Past Business and Competition
- The Competitive Analysis Matrix
- The Customer Expectation Benchmark Matrix
- Developing Account Strategies
- Use of SWOT and TOWS Analyses
- Strategy Development Tools
- Template for Key Account Management Planning
The Critical Role of Key Account Managers
- Understanding the Role and Responsibilities of Key Account Managers
- Harnessing Daily To-Do-Lists to Optimize Sales Productivity
- Identifying and Working with Different Personality Styles
- Presentation Skills for Key Account Managers