On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Gain a master class in one of the most critical components to creating organizational wealth.
- Explain why and how value must flow intelligently and seamlessly in an ever more connected world.
- Understand how to leverage technology in their supply chain to ensure that they remain competitive in a global economy.
- Examine how companies are realizing the potential of today's supply chain to meet these new challenges.
- Define the basis of logistics and transportation, and shines new light on the supply chain evolution.
Course Outline :
- Wonderland: The World’s New Scale
- Choreographing Survival: Risk And Adaptation
- Reality Crunch: Our Perceptions And Reactions
- Leonardo Flunked Latin: Innovating And Inventing
- Five-Minute Plan: Enhancing Business Processes
- Deus Ex Machina: The Growth Of Automation
- The World Is Always With Us: Communication
Supply Chain Evolution
- The History Of The Supply Chain
- Lift That Bale: Transport By Ground, Air, Sea, And Rail
- Pins To Porsches: The Evolution Of Manufacturing
- Activity Not Place: Outsourcing
- Silks To Cells: Retail Evolution
- The Store’s The Thing: Retailing And The Supply Chain
- Ports, Ships, Hubs, And Rails: Intermodal Transportation
- A Million Square Feet Of Chocolate: Warehousing And Distribution Centers
Supply Chain Resolution
- What’s Missing? Supply Chain Challenges
- Pyramids To Parameciums: Supply Chain Modeling
- Making It Right: A Global Perspective
- An Atlas Act: Repairing The Global Supply Chain
- By Intelligent Response: The Future