The Growth in gross domestic product (GDP), a measure of each country's output that reflects on hoe well its industry and businesses are performing, is surprisingly consistent over longer periods of time.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Gain a wide understanding of air cargo.
- Understand the escalating importance of logistics and supply-chain management as crucial tools for competitiveness.
- Learn about technology and the related careers in Air Freight.
- To see how the transportation infrastructure in host countries often dictates the options open to the manager.
- Explain why IT systems are crucial for success.
Introduction to the air freight
- Why air cargo works?
- The air freight supply chain
- Aircraft types
- The shipper's choice
- The air freight process
- Buying and selling space
- The viability of air freight
- A brief history of the air freight industry
Airports: the vital connection
- Ground handling and IT systems for cargo processing
- Perishable supply chain
- Animals by air
- The charter broker
Air freight to the rescue
- The role of freighters: past, present and future
- Heavy-lift air transportation
- Express and mail
Technology in air freight
- The environment
- Crime in air logistics
- Careers in air freight
Epilogue: the future
- The challenges
- New culture
- Regulatory approach
- Changes in manufacturing
- The future of freight forwarding
- Future career opportunities
Freedoms for airlines