Getting To Grips With Office Facilities in Paris
BMC Training provides on Getting To Grips With Office Facilities course [Facilities Management Training] on 11 Jun 2023 in Paris,France.
Responsibility for office services is often shared and / or given low priority, with the result that efficiency and cost-saving opportunities are lost. This popular course covers all the relevant topics in a day and can be tailored to the very different needs of FM professionals or those without an FM background at all.
Depending on the particular focus required (see ‘Special features’, below), this course will give participants:
- A basic understanding of building services
- Practical guidance on space audits and relocation projects
- Tips on cost-saving opportunities
- Guidelines on supplier contracts
- An appreciation of health and safety requirements
- Advice on dealing with equipment suppliers and other third parties
- An update on fire, security and emergency planning
Understanding the building
- Building structure
- Utility services
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Energy and environmental issues
- Planning maintenance
Managing the space
- What are the functional requirements?
- What are the physical constraints?
- Designing for flexibility
- Ergonomics and choice of furniture
- Understanding plans
- Managing relocation
- Cost-saving opportunities
Managing the equipment
- Computers, cabling, printers, etc
- Photocopiers, fax machines, etc
- Vending machines and kitchen equipment
- Understanding supplier contracts
- Rent or buy decisions and other cost-saving opportunities
Managing health and safety
- Legal requirements
- Risk assessments
- Accident reporting
- Fire safety
- Security policy
- Managing security staff / contractors
- Emergency planning
- Disaster recovery
Managing third-party relationships
- Dealing with landlords and managing agents – know your rights!
- Selecting suppliers for goods and services
- Managing suppliers and contractors
Managing the ‘out of office’ experience
- FM responsibility for homeworkers
- Whose equipment?
- Health and safety issues
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Champs Elysees. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of Getting To Grips With Office Facilities outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours from 11 Jun 2023 To 15 Jun 2023 . The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.
- Code FMT10
- City Paris
- Location Champs Elysees
- Start Date 11 Jun 2023
- End Date 15 Jun 2023
- Availability Confirmed
- Language English
- Certificate Yes
- Fees 7500 GBP
- Whatsapp 00447493377144