Who should attend:
Managers, supervisors and officers experienced in public relations. Other key personnel whose work involves contact and interaction with the internal/external public, particularly in the areas of personnel, marketing, sales, training and administration will also benefit from this program.
- Describe the functions of Public Relations (PR) in a changing environment.
- Practice the key communication skills and techniques essential for performing their PR duties.
- Recognize how to communicate effectively with the internal and external publics of the organization.
- Identify the role of a PR professional in supporting the image and reputation of the organization.
- Plan and execute a press conference.
PR in a Changing Environment
- The Origin and Development of PR
- Definitions, Scope and Objectives
- New Roles and Perspectives
- The Role of PR in Building and Supporting the Image of the Organization
The Functions of PR
- Planning and Organizing the Activities of PR
- Ingredients of Successful PR Planning
- Main Qualities of PR Professionals
- PR Position in the Organization
PR and Communication
- Communicating with the Internal and External Public
- Overcoming Barriers in Communication
- Non Verbal Communication
- The Communication Abilities for PR Professionals
The Role of PR Professionals in Dealing with the Internal and External Public
- Understanding Difficult Personalities
- Dealing with Difficult Personalities
Verbal Communication Skills
- Kinds of Verbal Communication
- How to Prepare for a Presentation/Speech
- Rehearsing Your Presentation/Speech
- Verbal and Non Verbal Skills while Presenting
Written Communication Skills
- Types of Written Communication
- Effective Writing Skills: Memos, Letters and Emails
- Writing and Producing Newsletters
- Designing and Producing Brochures
- Preparing Articles for Magazines
- Why Conduct a Press Conference
- How to Conduct a Press Conference
- How to Prepare a Press Release
- Dealing with Questions During a Press Conference
- Preparing and Circulating the Press Clippings