Accounting, Decision Making, and Financial Communication Training in Dubai , UAE
Course Code : FBA109 - Course Address : Manzil Downtown Hotel - Course Fees : 4750 GBP + 05% VAT
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Dubai , UAE||7 - 1 - 2024||11 - 1 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||4 - 2 - 2024||8 - 2 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||24 - 3 - 2024||28 - 3 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||21 - 4 - 2024||25 - 4 - 2024||
This course will provide a comprehensive illustration of how accounting information is collected, recorded, how it is analysed and presented both internally and externally, to support effective management, control, and decision making. This is important because key personnel in an organization use accounting information which is often said to be the ‘language of business’; hence it is essential to understand and to be able to use this language.
This course will also introduce delegates to the systems and structures of financial and management accounting and their value in ensuring the success of the business. Delegates will be exposed to, and enjoy an ‘MBA Level’ experience in terms of content, instruction, discussion, and team exercises.
This course will feature:
- The finance function, and financial and management accounting systems
- The income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement
- How to accurately determine product or service costs
- Accounting techniques for effective decision making
- Using budgets to control the business
- Members of the operational management team
- Managers who have responsibility for divisional performance
- Managers who have responsibility for support functions
- Consultants who provide advice on systems and operations
- Senior staff members of any department
Introduction to Accounting
- The importance of accounting information
- The role of the Finance Function
- The accounting equation and financial accounting systems
- Recording facts and applying judgement
- Preparing the Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Accounting principles and accounting standards
- The format and contents of the Income Statement
- The format and contents of the Balance Sheet
- The effect of depreciation and impairment on profit
- Identifying and valuing inventory
- Preparing the Cash flow Statement
- The importance of cash flow in business
Management Accounting for Control and Decision-Making
- Collecting and analyzing costs
- The structure of direct and indirect costs
- Dealing with overheads – absorption costing or ABC?
- Cost-Volume-Profit and break even analysis
- Decision making – make or buy
- Decision making – the effect of limiting factors
Communicating the plan through Budgeting
- Corporate planning and corporate objectives implemented through budgeting
- The budgeting process and timescale
- Sales budget forecasting techniques
- Cascading the budgets across the whole business
- Preparing functional budgets and the cash budget
- Budgeting principles, methodologies and applications
Measuring performance to inform Decision Making
- Monthly management reporting
- Setting and using standards
- Identifying and calculating variances
- Operating and planning variances – who is responsible?
- Measuring responsibility centre performance, ROI, RI, and EVA
- Non-financial performance – the Balanced Scorecard
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Downtown. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.