Advanced Financial Modeling for Oil and Gas Training in Istanbul , Turkey
Course Code : FBA165 - Course Address : The Marmara Sisli Hotel - Course Fees : 8800 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Istanbul , Turkey||10 - 12 - 2023||21 - 12 - 2023||
|Istanbul , Turkey||28 - 1 - 2024||8 - 2 - 2024||
|Istanbul , Turkey||4 - 2 - 2024||15 - 2 - 2024||
|Istanbul , Turkey||17 - 3 - 2024||28 - 3 - 2024||
This intensive 10-day course is designed to develop your financial modelling skills, taking you from Foundation level through to Advanced level, through the evaluation and analysis of case studies in the Oil & Gas sector. It will also develop your knowledge and understanding of finance enabling you to make financial decisions which will, reduce costs, increase profit and minimize risk.
The course will use the latest tools and techniques estimating sales, costs, risk and economic variables leading to advanced financial optimization models using Excel, best international practice, tools and techniques.
This course will feature:
- Practical application of advanced financial modelling skills to real life case studies in the Oil & Gas sector and your company
- Development of advanced financial knowledge and its application to business problems and decision making
- The development of Advanced Financial Models which will be of practical use to you and your organization
- Training using Excel and the latest financial analysis tools and techniques
- Supporting material in both hard and soft copy explaining key Excel
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Make improved financial decisions using Advanced Financial Models
- Develop a range of financial models using Excel to prepare financial statements, evaluate performance, evaluate capital investment decisions, manage projects and risk
- Apply the latest tools and techniques to analyse financial data
- Manage sales, costs and financial risk using financial models
- Prepare, use and report on advanced financial models
Foundations of Finance
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Developing Financial Statements – Income Statement, Balance Sheet (Statement of Financial Position) & Cashflow Statements
- Financial Performance using Ratio Analysis
- Management Accounting – developing Budgets
- OPEX & CAPEX
- Financial Terminology Explained
Foundations of Modelling
- Basic Excel functions
- Steps to develop a Financial Model
- Flowcharting Techniques to improve Modelling Input Tables
- Pivot Tables
- Foundation Analysis Tools in Excel
- Forecasting the Income Statement, Balance Sheet (Statement of Financial Position) & Cashflow Statements
- Budgeting Models
- Purchase Decisions
- Modelling Finance Decisions – Equity or Debt and the Cost of Capital
- Capital Investment Decisions – Payback, ARR, NPV& IRR using Excel
- Graphs & Charts to support financial models
Modelling Risk Management Scenarios
- Identifying the major Risks in the Oil & Gas sectorModelling Risk & Uncertainty
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Scenario Analysis
- Break Even Analysis
- Modelling & Managing changes in Interest Rates & Exchange Rates
Modelling the Financial Performance of Oil & Gas Projects
- Variance Analysis
- Critical Path Analysis – Financial & Manpower implications
- GANTT Charts
- Earned Value Analysis
- Managing Variances
- Simulating changes in the project
Advanced Modelling Skills with Excel
- From Basic Modelling to Advanced Modelling
- Identifying Financial Applications for Modelling in the Oil & Gas sector
- Advanced Financial Applications of Excel
- Advanced Financial Analysis Tools in Excel
- Graphs & Charts to aid Financial Analysis
Estimation Models - Income, Costs, Risks & Economic Variables (Oil Prices, Exchange Rates & Interest Rates)
- Cost Estimation – Incremental; Inflation, PERT, Supply & Demand factors
- Forecasting using Statistical Methods in Excel – Time Series Analysis, Exponential Smoothing, Correlation & Regression Analysis
- Risk Measurement using – Probability Analysis, Correlation & Beta
- Forecasting Oil Prices using statistical models Measuring & Managing Investment Risk
Developing an Advanced Financial Optimisation Model
- Developing the Financial Model using Costs and Economic Variables
- Simulating changes to Costs & Accounts Payable Simulating changes to Sales Volume, Oil Price & Accounts Receivables
- Financial Derivatives – Forwards, Options Futures & Swaps
- Using Derivatives to Managing Oil Price Volatility, Interest Rates & Exchange Rates
Models to Assess Growth Strategies Evaluating growth strategies
- Models to simulate growth strategies
- The dangers of Overtrading
- Examining the impact on Working Capital
- Examining the impact on Leverage
Modelling Best Practices
- Developing an Advanced Financial Optimisation Model to meet the needs of the delegates and their organisation
- Presentation of the Model
- Testing the Model
- Improving the Model
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Sisli. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.