Budgeting, Planning and Management Reporting Training in London , UK
Course Code : FBA123 - Course Address : Hilton London Paddington Hotel - Course Fees : 4950 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|London , UK||24 - 12 - 2023||28 - 12 - 2023||
|London , UK||28 - 1 - 2024||1 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||21 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|London , UK||18 - 2 - 2024||22 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||17 - 3 - 2024||21 - 3 - 2024||
|London , UK||10 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
|London , UK||7 - 4 - 2024||11 - 4 - 2024||
Budgeting lies at the heart of business management, yet businesses often encounter financial difficulties as a result of either inadequate planning or errors within the compilation of the budgets.
This programme takes a practical approach to financial planning for the organisation and considers the following:
- The planning process and how to improve it
- The compilation of budgets – who needs to be involved and why;
- How to identify potential problems arising and suggests actions which can be taken
- Ways of improving financial control using effective management reporting
- Implement advanced planning and control techniques into your budgeting process
- Integrate the budgeting process with the development of the company’s long-term strategic vision
- Successfully build an integrated planning, budgeting and reporting process
- Apply management tools to the budgeting process that contribute to strategic goals
- Identify key performance indicators for effective and focused decision making
- Increase profitability and performance through stream lined planning and reporting
Planning for Success
- What are planning strategies?
- Strategy analysis, choice & implementation
- Introducing the Strategy maps
- Corporate value and shareholder value
- The agency problem and corporate governance
- Planning requirements and working capital
The Forecasting Process
- Determine the purpose and objective of the forecast
- Statistical analytical tools
- Quantitative analysis and forecasting
- Forecasting techniques
- Causal analysis models – regression analysis
- Using Excel ® to analyse historical data
Budgets, Costs and Budgetary Control
- Why do we budget? – the purposes of budgeting
- Planning and control
- Putting the budget together
- Cost behaviour and classification
- Cost / volume /profit (CVP) and ‘what-if’ analysis
- Standard costing
- Flexed budgets
- Variance analysis and the reasons for variances
Activity Based Costing (ABC) And Activity Based Budgeting (ABB)
- Activity based costing (ABC)
- Refinement of the costing system
- ABC and cost management
- Design of ABC systems
- The cost hierarchy and cost drivers
- Advantages and disadvantages of ABC systems
- From traditional budgeting to activity based budgeting (ABB)
- The ABB process
- Motivation and the behavioural aspect of budgeting
Measuring corporate performance: requirements of a successful performance measurement system
- Broadening performance measurement systems
- The Drive toward Shareholder Value (EVA®)
- Beyond budgeting: integrating financial and non-financial issues
- Introducing the Balanced Scorecard and the key perspective
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Paddington. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.