Data Management, Manipulation and Analysis using Excel Training in Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
Course Code : MNG111 - Course Address : Westin Kuala Lumpur Hotel - Course Fees : 4450 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||17 - 12 - 2023||21 - 12 - 2023||
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||28 - 1 - 2024||1 - 2 - 2024||
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||21 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||25 - 2 - 2024||29 - 2 - 2024||
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||17 - 3 - 2024||21 - 3 - 2024||
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||10 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||28 - 4 - 2024||2 - 5 - 2024||
This course is aimed at professionals who have, or will soon have, responsibility for managing and manipulating data using MS Excel on a day to day basis. The course assumes zero knowledge, begins with an introduction to the Excel environment and ends with delegates being skilled in using 50+ MS Excel functions, sophisticated data management and charting techniques and advanced data analysis capability.
Do you still think that Excel is a tool that is used only by people in your company’s finance department?If so, you are wrong. It does have fantastic financial modeling capability but it offers so much more than that. Excel is not reserved for financial data. Everyone in middle to senior management manages some kind of data and hence the need to attend this course.
This course will feature:
- Advanced data analysis
- Both textual and numerical data
- Advanced charting
- Scenario analysis
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Analyse relationships across information and data using MS Excel.
- Generate data forecast susing MS Excel.
- Organise your company’s data in a more structured manner.
- Analyse your data effectively using various MS Excel techniques.
- Select the appropriate chart for your data.
An Introduction to the MS Excel Environment
- Cell referencing, cell formatting and entering formula
- Workbooks versus Worksheets
- Copy and pasting
- Left click versus right click
- Paste Special
- Introductory charts
Using MS Excel Functions for Fundamental Data Analysis
- Use of text function, FIND(), LEN(), LEFT(), RIGHT() and &
- Use of count functions, COUNTA(), COUNTIF(), COUNTIFS() and SUMIF()
- Basic statistical functions, Max and Average
- Filtering, sorting and use of conditional formatting
- Scatter diagrams
Intermediate MS Excel Functions
- Use of VLOOKUP() and HLOOKUP()
- Date functions, YEAR(), MONTH(), DAY(), YEARFRAC()
- Selecting appropriate charts
- Introduction to Pivot tables
Carrying out Statistical Analysis using MS Excel
- Using MS Excel to calculate mean, mode and median
- The difference between the various standard deviation and variance function in MS Excel
- Using MS Excel to examine inter-dependency
- Drawing histograms in MS Excel
- Introduction to Data Analysis functions
What if and Scenario Analysis Using MS Excel
- Naming cells in MS Excel
- Linking cells together to undertake scenario analysis
- Introduction to solver
- Advanced charting
- Sharing MS Excel output with other office formats
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Jalan Conlay. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.