Effective Budgeting and Cost Control Training in London , UK
Course Code : FBA144 - Course Address : Hilton London Paddington Hotel - Course Fees : 4950 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|London , UK||7 - 1 - 2024||11 - 1 - 2024||
|London , UK||4 - 2 - 2024||8 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||24 - 3 - 2024||28 - 3 - 2024||
|London , UK||21 - 4 - 2024||25 - 4 - 2024||
Understanding and interpreting financial information is essential for all levels of personnel, both within and outside the finance function, if they are to properly contribute to the success of the business. In this programme you will learn:
- The full scope of financial information and reporting supported by a foundation of the important aspects of theory together with practical methods and techniques
- Understand the basic areas of accounting and finance, the terminology and the structure
- Learn a range of practical analytical skills for interpreting and handling financial information
- Understand the key elements of accounting in the context of a practical working environment
- Be more confident about dealing with financial information, particularly when reviewing other companies’ financial data
- Be able to read and interpret information presented in financial reports
- Enhance their decision-making skills on financial matters
Understanding different types of Financial Information
- Who uses financial information and why?
- The flow of information in a company
- Distinguishing different types of information and what it is derived from
- Basic accounting terminology explained
- Reporting formats
The Cash Cycle
- Cash versus profit
- The flow of money in and out of a company
- How this is managed and controlled
- Customers & Suppliers: The collection and payment processes
- Where finance comes from
- Basic cash flow statements
Inventory and Fixed Assets
- How we establish the value of a companies’ inventory
- Different methods of valuation
- How fixed assets are recorded
- Asset lives and depreciation
- The physical verification of assets
- Understanding the composition of the Profit and Loss Account
- Computing profitability ratios
- The Balance Sheet explained
- Using financial ratios
- Interpreting results and making comparisons between companies
Costing and Budgeting
- How we classify costs and set standards
- Different costing methods used in business
- Basic forecasting techniques
- Preparing a departmental budget
- Comparing actual performance with the budget
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Paddington. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.