Effective Performance Review Training in Paris , France
Course Code : HRM2 - Course Address : Hotel Alfred Sommier-20 Rue de l'Arcade, 75008 Paris - Course Fees : 6100 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Paris , France||17 - 12 - 2023||21 - 12 - 2023||
|Paris , France||28 - 1 - 2024||1 - 2 - 2024||
|Paris , France||25 - 2 - 2024||29 - 2 - 2024||
|Paris , France||17 - 3 - 2024||21 - 3 - 2024||
|Paris , France||28 - 4 - 2024||2 - 5 - 2024||
A properly designed and effective performance appraisal process will require a range of techniques including agreeing objectives, reviewing and monitoring performance, giving feedback, coaching, training and development and of course, the appraisal itself. This cutting-edge course will demonstrate how these techniques link taking into account best practice in appraisal systems and the multi-cultural environment.
This course is focused on both the theoretical and the practical. The course also focuses on effective performance and feedback - integrating this with current Talent Management principles. There will be a practical skills workshop conducted each day where what has been learned will be put into practice:
This course will feature:
- How to design and introduce an effective performance appraisal scheme
- Develop a checklist for preparing and implementing a formal appraisal scheme
- The skills that managers, supervisors and team leaders need to be effective in performance appraisal
- Making performance appraisal work in a multi-cultural environment
- Evaluation and review of the system
- Define several types of performance appraisal systems
- Describe the purposes of performance appraisal from an individual's and organisation’s point-of-view
- Develop a plan for the effective implementation of an appraisal system
- Question the role of performance appraisal in a multi-cultural environment
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of various appraisal methods
Content Day One
The Role of Assessment & Appraisal
- Why have an assessment & appraisal?
- The purposes of performance appraisal
- What is appraised?
- Trends in assessment & appraisal
- The problems of conflicting objectives
- The ethics of appraising people
Implementing a Successful Appraisal Scheme
- Formal Vs Informal systems
- Who does the appraisal&who should be appraised?
- Obtaining top management support
- Preparing a policy statement
- Instructions to appraisers
- Checklist – preparing and implementing a formal appraisal scheme
Types of Appraisal
- Ranking, Critical incident, Forced choice&Narrative methods
- Management by Objectives (MBO)
- Behaviourally Anchored Rating Scales (BARS)
- Behavioural Observation Scales (BOS)
- Deciding which type to use
- Overcoming problems in ratings
The Appraisal Interview
- Common reasons for failure and mistakes made
- Communication skills for appraisal (Questioning and Listening)
- Hints on interviewing
- Planning & Preparing for an Appraisal interview
- Emotional Intelligence & Feedback
- Practice appraisal interviews - role plays
Key Issues in Performance Appraisal & Assessment
- Assessment Centres and Appraisal
- Performance Appraisal in a Multi-Cultural Setting
- Best practice in assisting with employee personal problems (EAP)
- Talent Management & Succession Planning links
- Evaluation and review of the system
- Personal Action Planning
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Champs Elysees. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.