Fast Closing Monthly and Year-End Accounts Training in London , UK
Course Code : FBA154 - Course Address : Hilton London Paddington Hotel - Course Fees : 4950 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|London , UK||3 - 12 - 2023||7 - 12 - 2023||
|London , UK||21 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|London , UK||4 - 2 - 2024||8 - 2 - 2024||
|London , UK||10 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
|London , UK||21 - 4 - 2024||25 - 4 - 2024||
This program provides an in-depth overview of the “Fast Close” process, which is the ability of a modern, global organization to rapidly close the accounting books, collect, consolidate and, then, publish its financial statements. This process is widely viewed not only as an indicator of management’s abilities to execute its strategic plan in light of the availability of fast, reliable financial information, but also a proxy for good, well-implemented corporate governance. This program will also review the mounting concerns and evidence that the “Fast Close” process, after a long period of sustained improvement, is now in a period of decline, due in large part to the impact of compliance, new accounting and reporting standards and the sheer increase in the volume and complexity of financial information that needs to be consolidated and reviewed.
By attending and participating in this program, delegates will be provided with an overview of the concepts and methodologies associated with the fast close process and gain insightful practical knowledge by being able to:
- Understand the importance of the fast close process on financial and operational decision-making within an organization
- Examine fast close processes, strategies and best practices as well as consideration of organizational documentation policies and procedures
- Understand the importance of departmental requirements for financial reporting as well as the need for on-going improvements to the closing process
- Provide faster and more accurate data for monthly and year-end account closings with the goal of enhancing communication with internal and external financial statement users
Introduction to Fast Close Concepts
- Different types and benefits
- Steps needed to achieve a fast close
- Analyzing and reviewing the current closing process
- Redesigning the closing cycle
- Finance function stakeholders, redesign and solutions
- Examining needs of stakeholders
- Scope of problems for organizations
- Process improvement practices
- Process redesign tools and techniques
Developing a Fast Close Strategy
- Examining closing activities and requirements
- Best practices in attaining fast close, soft close and virtual close
- Optimizing charts of accounts and journal entry requirements
- Organizing corporate resources to achieve fast close
- Identifying potential roadblocks
Managing Change and Utilizing Technology in Redesigning and Monitoring the Finance Function
- Standardization, customization and centralization
- Reviewing paradigms and the difficulties of effecting changes
- Using technology to improve organizational redesign
Operational Implementation of a Fast Close
- Examining the pre-close and fast close processes
- Adopting benchmark and other measurement standards, including key performance indicators
- Documenting fast close processes incorporating the utilization of checklists
Financial Reporting and On-Going Improvements to the Closing Process
- Design and implementation of controls needed for financial reporting
- Improving the closing process and adopting improvement measurements
- Identifying management reporting criteria
- Summary of the programme
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Paddington. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.