Masterclass - Advanced Strategies in Oil and Gas Finance and Accounting Training in Paris , France
Course Code : FBA112 - Course Address : Hotel Alfred Sommier-20 Rue de l'Arcade, 75008 Paris - Course Fees : 6100 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Paris , France||17 - 12 - 2023||21 - 12 - 2023||
|Paris , France||10 - 12 - 2023||14 - 12 - 2023||
|Paris , France||14 - 1 - 2024||18 - 1 - 2024||
|Paris , France||28 - 1 - 2024||1 - 2 - 2024||
|Paris , France||25 - 2 - 2024||29 - 2 - 2024||
|Paris , France||11 - 2 - 2024||15 - 2 - 2024||
|Paris , France||4 - 2 - 2024||8 - 2 - 2024||
|Paris , France||3 - 3 - 2024||7 - 3 - 2024||
|Paris , France||17 - 3 - 2024||21 - 3 - 2024||
|Paris , France||28 - 4 - 2024||2 - 5 - 2024||
|Paris , France||14 - 4 - 2024||18 - 4 - 2024||
|Paris , France||21 - 4 - 2024||25 - 4 - 2024||
In today’s competitive oil and gas industry, with strong pressure to meet increased market demands while lowering operating costs and improving return for investors and company stakeholders, what strategies should companies adopt to ensure sustainable growth?
Given the substantial capital costs and long lead times from exploration to sale, implementing and managing strategies in Oil & Gas finance and accounting are critical success factors. This course therefore focuses on the essential skills and techniques required to enable you to make appropriate strategic decisions to maximize profit, reduce costs and financial risks.
This course will feature:
- Relevance and importance of finance to the success of your business
- Sources and types of finance that are most relevant to your business
- Meaning and importance of corporate governance to the effective financial management of your business
- Techniques available to determine the most profitable and worthwhile investments for your business
- Effective ways to control the financial risks of your business
This course will feature:
- Identify & evaluate the challenges facing the Oil & Gas sector now & in the future.
- Use skills & techniques to assist with key strategic decisions facing their company.
- Recommend appropriate financing decisions & make capital investment decisions.
- Evaluate the performance of leading Oil & Gas companies to identify areas of best practice.
- Advise on methods to eliminate or reduce financial risks facing Oil & Gas companies.
Strategic Issues facing the Oil & Gas sector
- The Nature of the Oil & Gas sector
- Current & Future challenges within the sector – a question of Supply & Demand
- Resources & Reserves
- Financial Issues
- Volatility: Demand, Energy prices, Exchange Rates, Interest Rates
Advanced Strategic Decisions
- Strategic Planning
- Analytical Tools to Aid Strategic Planning
- Balancing Upstream, Midstream & Downstream
- Growth Strategies: Exploration, Diversification, Vertical & Horizontal Integration
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Production Sharing Agreements & Strategic Alliances
Financing Strategies in the Oil & Gas Sector
- Sources of Finance – the Optimum Capital Structure and the Cost of Capital
- Capital Investment Appraisal: NPV, IRR, Modified IRR, Payback
- Financial Forecasting and Analysis in Excel
- Managing Uncertainty of Production, Prices, Capital Costs & Construction Delays
- Modelling Energy Prices in Capital Budgeting
Financial Risk Management Strategies
- Developing and Implementing a Risk Management Strategy
- Risk Analysis of Oil and Gas projects using Excel
- Sensitivity Analysis, Sensitivity Charts & Scenario Analysis, Monte Carlo Simulation
- Hedging Energy Prices; Interest Rates & Foreign Exchange Rates using Financial Derivatives
- Accounting for Hedging Under IFRS
Financial Analysis of Oil & Gas Companies
- Analysing the Performance of International Oil & Gas Companies
- Analysing and Interpreting ‘Energy Specific’ Ratios
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) relevant for Oil & Gas Companies
- Determining the proper classification of oil and gas costs: Capitalise, Expense, Exploration costs, Development costs, Production costs
- Analysing the impact of different accounting methods on financial statements
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Champs Elysees. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.