Spreadsheet Skills for Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting Training in Paris , France
Course Code : FBA104 - Course Address : Hotel Alfred Sommier-20 Rue de l'Arcade, 75008 Paris - Course Fees : 6100 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Paris , France||24 - 12 - 2023||28 - 12 - 2023||
|Paris , France||3 - 12 - 2023||7 - 12 - 2023||
|Paris , France||21 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|Paris , France||7 - 1 - 2024||11 - 1 - 2024||
|Paris , France||18 - 2 - 2024||22 - 2 - 2024||
|Paris , France||4 - 2 - 2024||8 - 2 - 2024||
|Paris , France||10 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
|Paris , France||24 - 3 - 2024||28 - 3 - 2024||
|Paris , France||7 - 4 - 2024||11 - 4 - 2024||
|Paris , France||21 - 4 - 2024||25 - 4 - 2024||
This hands-on, practical course will demonstrate how you can develop spreadsheet models to create a forecast, which can then be utilised to generate business plans and operating budgets with the use Excel® as it is used in practice. The applications will be focused on three crucial aspects of business and financial management - strategic planning, intelligent forecasting and realistic budgeting. Delegates will learn how accessible the power of Excel® is to provide realistic forecasts and prepare flexible budgets. The impact on efficiency in planning and control and therefore return on investment for companies and/or divisions will be startling.
This course will feature:
- Mastery of the power of Excel®
- What functions to use from the Excel toolkit
- Principles of strategic planning and budgeting
- Mathematical forecasting models will be demystified
- Building financial models enabling "what if" analysis
- Navigate through the features and functions of Excel®
- Distinguish between data and output in spreadsheet architecture
- Analyze financial statements in order to plan ahead
- Build effective financial planning models
- Use forecasting techniques for budget preparation
Introduction to Spreadsheets using Excel®
- The power of Excel® for building financial models
- The Ribbons of Excel with their commands and functions
- Using formulae: Copying, anchoring and special pasting
- Using functions: financial, statistical and mathematical
- Review of the financial objectives of business: ROI, ROA, ROE
- Overview of Financial Statements
Case Study: Building a Quick Access Toolbar in Excel® and applying it to the analysis of financial statements of a division.
- Classical strategic planning models
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis and Break-Even as a planning example
- Economic Order Quantity as a planning example
- What-if analysis to build scenario's and test sensitivity
- Maximizing and optimizing techniques
- Linear programming and Solver as optimising tools
Case Study: Preparing a planning model and subjecting it to a range of sensitivity analysis in a manufacturing environment.
- Forecasting in perspective - the Past vs. the Future
- Necessity to apply a range of different forecasting methods:
- Qualitative Models used in forecasting
- Quantitative Models focussing on time series and regressions methodology
- Forecasting growth rates
- Recording, applying and modifying forecast assumptions
Case Study: Applying the forecasting functions in Excel® to past data and building a model offering various scenario's
- The budget process: Timing and Cycles
- Setting budgeting objectives and tolerance levels
- Budgeting Techniques
- "Beyond Budgeting" compared to traditional budgeting principles
- Operating and Capital budgets
- Monthly reporting procedures and timely action
Case Study: Building budget based on assumptions - Operating Budget, Cash Budget & Capital Budget
Putting it together – building the comprehensive model
- Considering the financing mix in strategy
- Considering the Return to Shareholder as the primary indicator
- Build your planning model
- Build your forecasting model
- Build your budgeting model
- Link these together in review
Case Study: Building an integrated planning, forecasting & budgeting model
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Champs Elysees. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.