Strategic Planning, Management Control and Effective Budgeting Training in Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
Course Code : FBA164 - Course Address : Westin Kuala Lumpur Hotel - Course Fees : 8900 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||17 - 12 - 2023||28 - 12 - 2023||
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||14 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||25 - 2 - 2024||7 - 3 - 2024||
|Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia||3 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
Developing Strategies, Risk Analysis, Negotiating, Budgeting and Cost Control are the essential skills for those who are dedicated to maximizing their performance and value-added contribution - and that of the people who work for them. As the business environment becomes ever more uncertain and turbulent, the requirement for professional leadership and management throughout organizations is at a premium. Hence, these skills learned in this 10 day course provide a structured and coherent framework for addressing the challenges which professionals face in respect of both their day-to-day and longer-term responsibilities.
This course will feature:
- Identifying Effective and Proven Strategies
- Managing Strategic and Financial Risks
- Win-Win Negotiating Skills & Strategies
- Financial Analysis
- Budgeting and Cost Control
- Develop an appreciation & understanding of each of the elements of the course.
- Understand how skills interact creating a systemic approach to mastering the essential tasks of any leader.
- Develop the skills and applications needed to master and integrate each individual element
- Utilize the elements in achieving individual, team and high organizational results
- Identify priorities for continued professional development
Module 1: Strategy, Risks, Negotiation & Leadership Day One
- Introduction to strategy - background, historical developments, major theories
- Strategic Management – a practical approach for every leader
- A consistent methodology for strategy development
- The relationships between vision, mission and strategy
- The steps involved in developing a strategy
- The meaning and nature of risk
- Identifying the risks in a given strategy
- Prioritizing risks
- Contingency planning
- Risk mitigation strategies
- The everyday role and attitude of ‘Win-Win’ negotiating
- Power - gaining a superior position
- Strategy and Tactics in negotiating
- Understanding your opponents negotiating style and tactics
- Negotiating Countermeasures
- The strategic role and nature of effective leadership
- Charisma and how to earn it and use it effectively
- The role of the modern leader and how leadership has changed
- Innovative Leadership skills
- Maximizing the performance of each team member
- Motivating the 'average' employee
Strategic Leadership Workshop
- Intrapersonal style and skills
- Interpersonal and leadership communication skills
- Leadership and The Challenge of Change
- Strategic leadership for team development
- Developing a personal action plan for further self-development
Module 2: Effective Budgeting & Operational Cost Control Day Six
Introduction: Building a Common Financial Language
- The key role of budgeting and cost control in contemporary organizations
- The 21st century business imperative: delivering value added (but to whom?)
- Financial vs. Managerial accounting (for decision making)
- Understand your processes: integrating financial and non-financial aspects
- The budgeting process
- Examples & Discussion
The Budgeting Process
- The key features of budgeting
- Advantages and concerns with budgeting
- Accountability and centers of responsibility
- Zero-based budgeting
- Budgeting and cost control
- Examples & Discussion
- Different costs for different purposes
- Fixed vs. Variable costs
- The Cost-Volume-Profit analysis model
- Contribution Margin analysis
- Examples & Discussion
Traditional vs. Advanced Techniques in Cost-Control
- Under-costing and over-costing: the consequences for profitability
- Indirect (OH) vs. Direct costs:
- Traditional Cost Allocations systems vs. Activity-Based Costing (ABC)
- Linking resources, activities and management
- Variance analysis
- Video, Case Study and Examples
Beyond the Budgets: Balanced scorecards and Six-sigma
- Broadening performance measurement systems
- Beyond budgeting: integrating financial and non-financial issues
- Introducing the Balanced Scorecard
- Introducing the Strategy maps
- Introducing Six-sigma
- Video, Case Study and examples
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Jalan Conlay. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.