Advanced Communication and Problem Solving Training in Istanbul , Turkey
Course Code : MNG221 - Course Address : The Marmara Sisli Hotel - Course Fees : 8800 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Istanbul , Turkey||17 - 12 - 2023||28 - 12 - 2023||
|Istanbul , Turkey||7 - 1 - 2024||18 - 1 - 2024||
|Istanbul , Turkey||25 - 2 - 2024||7 - 3 - 2024||
|Istanbul , Turkey||24 - 3 - 2024||4 - 4 - 2024||
This highly interactive course will look into the tried and trusted management processes, procedures and methodology used by many companies to build productive and cohesive units whilst establishing strong working relationships. It will explore: behaviour; communication; leadership styles; problem identification to solution generation; evaluating creative techniques; how to challenge more ‘outcomes thinking’.
Excellent communication is essential for the creation of a highly effective and productive organisation; building rapport with people develops trust, openness and meaningful relationships. Decision making and problem solving represent the most important of all managerial and leadership activities; making timely, well-considered and informed decisions, will lead your team and organisation to deserved success.
This course will feature:
- The psychology of personality and how this influences the solutions we select ensuring greater understanding of the behavioural traits of yourself and others
- The application of whole brain thinking to the problem solving process in order to balance the logical and creative dimensions of problem solving
- Assessing personal creativity and challenge the mental blocks that limit our thinking
- Practical solutions to work related issues through Neuro Linguistic Programming, Emotional Intelligence and psychometric profiling
- Advanced communication and motivation models essential to modern day business units that will greatly enhanced leadership skills
- Determine pragmatic methods for effective problem solving.
- Appreciate the impact of personality on creativity, decision making & problem solving process.
- Develop strategies for creating a positive work environment.
- Recognise differing behavioural styles & learn to adapt to build lasting rapport.
- Understand your key roles in encouraging & developing your staff thru the power of personal motivation & effective communication.
Module 1: Advanced Communication Interpersonal Skills Day One
How to Build Lasting Rapport
- The art of building lasting rapport
- How to identify behavioural traits and react to them
- How to modify your own behaviour to match other’s
- Sharpen your senses to the signals others are sending you
- Connect with colleagues and clients at a level that creates deeper trust and commitment
- Read body language in order to understand how others are thinking and responding to you
Self-Awareness: How to Gain a Greater Understanding of Yourself
- Key concepts of NLP and Emotional Intelligence
- Connecting your feelings for greater self awareness
- Eliciting emotions
- Noticing your unconscious messages and following your intuitions
- Self-talk and what it means
- Internal and external referencing
Crystal Clear Communication
- Powerful listening and questioning techniques
- Thinking and language patterns
- Perceptual positions
- Climates of trust
- Well formed outcomes
Empathy: The Ability to Understand Situations from Another’s Perspective
- Review how to sharpen your senses to the signals others are sending you
- Communicating first impressions - the secrets of body language
- How we communicate
- Filters to communication
- Learning Styles
- Modelling: how others do things
Motivation: How to get the most from Yourself and Other
- Logical levels of change
- The importance of values in motivation
- Eliciting values for yourself and your organisation
- Setting goals that motivate
- Creating a positive future for your organisation
- Testing your well-formed outcomes
Module 2: Advanced Problem Solving & Decision Making Day Six
The Psychology of Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Introduction: Why study problem solving and decision making
- A synopsis of psychological thought
- Values, Problem Solving and Bias in Decision Making
- Psychological type and Lateral Thinking for Problem Solving
- Psychometric assessment on your problem solving preferences
- Using a team approach to encourage structured and lateral thinking
Problem Solving, the Cognitive Process and Whole Brain Thinking
- Problem solving: the highest order cognitive process
- Split brain theory to make informed and balanced decisions
- Developing openness to new ideas in making decisions
- The model of creative problem solving
- Lessons in facing the unexpected events
- Decision Making and the Management of Change
Creating Continuous Improvement in the Workplace
- Encouraging creative problem solving for continuous improvement
- Appreciative Enquiry and a focus on positive dialogues
- Solution focus methodology: a radical transformational approach to solving problems
- Diagnostic tools for organisational improvement
- Using techniques to innovate and improve process and product
- The Disney Creative Thinking Strategy
Building Creative Capability in Self and Removing Mental Block
- ‘How creative am I’? Challenging self-imposed assumptions
- Thinking outside the box and ‘Imagineering’: current examples from technology
- ‘Curiosita’: using the multiple intelligences of Leonardo da Vinci
- A model for organisational innovation
- Organisational culture and its influence on the creative organisation
- Creative leadership in times of crisis: the role of emotional intelligence in decision making
The Creative Leader in the Innovative Organisation
- Leadership style and decision making activities
- Enhancing Serendipity
- Ensuring alignment with corporate mission
- Assessing creativity in your organisation
- Creating "innovation champions" as a strategy for fostering change
- Developing a personal action plan for the workplace and assessment guidance
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Sisli. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.