Competency - Based Management Training in Dubai , UAE
Course Code : MNG162 - Course Address : Manzil Downtown Hotel - Course Fees : 4750 GBP + 05% VAT
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Dubai , UAE||24 - 12 - 2023||28 - 12 - 2023||
|Dubai , UAE||3 - 12 - 2023||7 - 12 - 2023||
|Dubai , UAE||21 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||7 - 1 - 2024||11 - 1 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||18 - 2 - 2024||22 - 2 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||4 - 2 - 2024||8 - 2 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||10 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||24 - 3 - 2024||28 - 3 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||7 - 4 - 2024||11 - 4 - 2024||
|Dubai , UAE||21 - 4 - 2024||25 - 4 - 2024||
This course will show you how to use competencies to deliver real, qualified improvements in terms of productivity gains by using the technique in a practical sense. Competencies are used to define desirable behaviour and then introduce improvements in selection, assessment, talent management and retention, performance management and employee development.
This course will walk you through the integrated process of implementing competency-based HR in your organization by applying the competency framework to basic HR functions, ensuring that the right people are in the right jobs and are developed and motivated in the right way. Competencies can also be key elements in succession planning and the management of values.
This course will feature:
- Ideas how to build HR practices that support organisation strategy
- Improvements to processes for selection and assessment
- Practical ways to optimise the contribution of everyone in the organisation
- Processes for talent management and succession planning
- Techniques for motivating and empowering employees
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Manage the distinction between competencies, skills and tasks
- Use competencies in public and private organisations
- Differentiate between Leadership, Technical and Behavioural competencies
- Link competencies to organisational objectives and values
- Use competencies for a range of HR processes
The Links between HR and Competencies
- What support should managers, team leaders and supervisors get from HR?
- Values, Strategy and HR
- Different methods of developing a competency
- An HR Management Framework Based on Competencies
- Technical, Behavioural and Leadership Competencies
Competencies and Recruitment
- Competency design – definitions, negative indicators, positive indicators
- Recruitment and Selection
- Adapting a competency framework for use in recruitment
- The use of assessment centres in recruitment
- Induction, orientation and personal development
- Using competencies in performance management
- The stages of performance management: agreeing objectives, giving feedback, coaching, appraisal
- Termly reviews of performance
- Links to pay scheme
- Introducing a performance management process
- Talent Strategy and Planning
- Developing and Deploying Talent
- Retaining Talent
- Acquiring Talent
- Succession Planning
Shaping Behaviour and Managing Culture
- Extrinsic and Intrinsic Reward
- Empowerment and Accountability
- Self Assessment
- 360° degree feedback
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Downtown. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.