Finance, Risk Management and Corporate Governance Training in Paris , France
Course Code : FBA110 - Course Address : Hotel Alfred Sommier-20 Rue de l'Arcade, 75008 Paris - Course Fees : 6100 GBP
|City||Start Date||End Date||View|
|Paris , France||10 - 12 - 2023||14 - 12 - 2023||
|Paris , France||24 - 12 - 2023||28 - 12 - 2023||
|Paris , France||21 - 1 - 2024||25 - 1 - 2024||
|Paris , France||7 - 1 - 2024||11 - 1 - 2024||
|Paris , France||28 - 1 - 2024||1 - 2 - 2024||
|Paris , France||11 - 2 - 2024||15 - 2 - 2024||
|Paris , France||18 - 2 - 2024||22 - 2 - 2024||
|Paris , France||10 - 3 - 2024||14 - 3 - 2024||
|Paris , France||24 - 3 - 2024||28 - 3 - 2024||
|Paris , France||17 - 3 - 2024||21 - 3 - 2024||
|Paris , France||14 - 4 - 2024||18 - 4 - 2024||
|Paris , France||7 - 4 - 2024||11 - 4 - 2024||
This course offers insights into the main factors that are essential to the successful financial management of corporations. In an uncertain economic environment managers need to be aware of the power and importance of key stakeholders – shareholders, bankers, customers and suppliers. Managers need to efficiently allocate resources, whilst recognizing environmental and ethical concerns, controlling risks, and effectively communicating strategy and performance.
This course will introduce delegates to the terminology and techniques that are commonly used in corporate finance, and will provide significant experience in terms of content, discussion, and case study working.
This course will feature:
- Relevance and importance of finance to the success of your business
- Sources and types of finance that are most relevant to your business
- Meaning and importance of corporate governance to the effective financial management of your business
- Techniques available to determine the most profitable and worthwhile investments for your business
- Effective ways to control the financial risks of your business
- Understand and evaluate corporate financial reports
- Determine sources of capital, and capital structure
- Identify and appraise wealth-generating investments
- Recognise, quantify, and control financial risk
- Apply principles of good corporate governance
Finance and financial information
- The meaning and importance of finance in business
- The importance of financial information – internal and external
- The corporate annual report and the financial statements
- Capital employed: long – term assets and working capital
- Analysing financial statements for profitability, liquidity, efficiency & financial structure
- Investment ratios and market data sources
Financing the Business and Capital Structure
- Sources and types of long term finance
- Sources and types of short term finance
- Calculating the Cost of Equity – what your shareholders expect
- Calculating the Cost of Debt – it depends on your credit rating
- The weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Choosing the best mix of equity and debt
CAPEX - Analysis of Investment Decisions
- Growing your business with new investment projects
- Preparing spreadsheet forecasts for investment appraisal
- Basic appraisal techniques: Accounting Rate of Return (ARR) and Payback
- Discounted cash flow appraisal techniques: NPV and IRR
- Capital Rationing and the Profitability Index (PI)
- Dealing with risk in investment appraisal
Financial Risk Management
- Risk and uncertainty in business
- How to manage risk – the four Ts
- Financing risk and operating risk
- Foreign currency risk management
- Interest rate risk management
- Role of Internal Audit, Audit Committee, and Chief Risk Officer
- Recognising the needs of stakeholders
- The origins and development of corporate governance
- Corporate governance codes and regulation
- The role of the Board of Directors
- International corporate governance and the OECD
- Emerging trends in corporate governance
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held in Champs Elysees. The exact address and directions will be provided to all enrolled participants prior to the start of the course.
What topics will be covered in the course?
The course will cover a range of topics related to the subject matter, including but not limited to the topics of outlines. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the key concepts and techniques in the field, and be able to apply them to real-world situations. Detailed course outlines and learning objectives will be provided to all enrolled students prior to the start of the course.
What is the schedule for the course?
The course is expected to run for 3 hours daily. The exact schedule and timing will be confirmed and communicated to all enrolled students via email at least 2 days prior to the course start date.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All you need to bring is yourself, a notepad or laptop for taking notes, and a willingness to learn! We'll provide pens, paper, and any required textbooks or handouts.
What is the instructor's background and experience?
Our instructors are seasoned industry professionals with over 10 years of experience in the field. They hold a master's degree in the subject matter and have a proven track record of success working with trainees of all levels. You'll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback throughout the course.
What are the T&C for this course?
Please visit our Terms and Conditions page
What kind of certificate will I receive upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive an attendance certificate indicating that you have completed the course. This certificate is not accredited or recognised by any particular institution or organisation, but it can be used to demonstrate your commitment to continuing education and professional development.